• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:25:42 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta2

Started by PiBoSo, November 23, 2014, 06:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

November 23, 2014, 06:01:24 PM Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 06:07:12 PM by PiBoSo
MX Bikes beta2 released:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=news

Download:
http://www.mx-bikes.com/?page=downloads
( mirrors would be extremely helpful and welcome )

To update:
1) delete everything in the MX Bikes installation folder and in "My Documents"/PiBoSo/MX Bikes/ except for license.ini
2) launch the new installer

Please note that replays are not compatible with the previous version.

GDUBMX

yes!!!!! thanks alot mate
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

rc4187

GDUBMX

Piboso what would the direct lean scale be in percentage if i were to replicate the "direct lean off/disabled" from beta 1? ive tried 0 but it really doesnt feel the same. is this a result of drag simulation? the lighting looks awesome btw, i swear even the menu sharpness is improved.

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on November 23, 2014, 07:36:59 PM
Piboso what would the direct lean scale be in percentage if i were to replicate the "direct lean off/disabled" from beta 1? ive tried 0 but it really doesnt feel the same. is this a result of drag simulation? the lighting looks awesome btw, i swear even the menu sharpness is improved.

Direct lean off = default = 15%
Direct lean on = 100%

rc4187

I've noticed great improvement on jump stability. Jumps I struggled with predictability on before... I'm hitting hard now without worrying about it. It has improved so much. Great work!

arnzzz

It does feel some what more predictable now as to what the bike is doing. Its getting better :)

I like the direct lean scaling, I didn't think i needed it as i ride with DL off, or at least I did. Now im running it with at about 80%. Which to me it feels like that is
80% DL off  and 20% DL on. Which to me feels a bit backwards.

I think it makes more sense for someone like me who likes to use a tiny bit of DL for the scale to be the other way round. So i would select 20% direct lean (DL). which
would mean 20% DL on.

Maybe ive misunderstood the scales meaning, and anyway this is a minor personal gripe, nothing more.

TLDR: I think the direct lean % scale is backwards.

Good work Piboso.

On a side note, I was playing around with modding the other night. In the track creation thread you can download the example track to play with. I was wondering why that
track wasn't released as another track for the beta?

Its a good fun track.

GDUBMX

November 23, 2014, 09:11:22 PM #7 Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 09:21:45 PM by gdubmx
Hey snappe did you manage to finish up that Beta 2 Supercross track you were working on? :D

Edit, Piboso for some reason now when i try to play online its just says "connecting" then "connection timed out". any ideas mate?

PiBoSo

Quote from: gdubmx on November 23, 2014, 09:11:22 PM
Edit, Piboso for some reason now when i try to play online its just says "connecting" then "connection timed out". any ideas mate?

Master server updated.

Vortex_Damien

Love the update pib, i think the game is getting more solid now... Love the reaction of the bike in the air now and seems like everything is more stable. cant wait for the future!

PizzaChet

Holy schnikeys! I can't wait to try this! Thank you sir.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

RiccoChicco

teeds

Enjoying GPbikes so much last night I missed this, good stuff!   ;D
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

PiBoSo

November 24, 2014, 12:47:43 PM #13 Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 01:17:08 PM by PiBoSo
Where is everybody?  :o
What's going on?  ???
Can someone please explain why there was a lot of activity on this forum before beta1 release and now it dropped to almost zero?  :-\

GDUBMX

Lol I was thinking the same..