• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:23:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Just bought GPBikes and WRS :)

Started by arnzzz, March 07, 2015, 02:44:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

arnzzz

I was looking through the GPBikes and WRS pages earlier and I realised how much time i spend with MXBikes and its easily more time than I spend in any other title i own, and i have 600+ Steam games, so that's a pretty good recommendation there lol.

So I thought Piboso easily deserves the price of all these titles so i snapped them up, so im downloading now and im sure it'll be a very late night :)

At some point in the near future i will get KRP as well.

Roll on Beta 3 :)

arnzzz

I havent spent anywhere near that on Steam games. The majority of those where bought in packs during bundles for a dollar each.

I cannot tell if your trying to get at me with that post, or whether im reading that completely in the wrong way!

My point is that Piboso's titles are worth more to me than all my Steam collection at this point in time, as i spent more time with Piboso's titles!!!

arnzzz

and just so you know WRS comes with GPBikes for free, and vise versa.

MXK_cdub85

Quote from: arnzzz on March 07, 2015, 02:44:33 AM
So I thought Piboso easily deserves the price of all these titles so i snapped them

I think Geo might have misread that as you saying all the steam titeles, when you were actually saying all of the Piboso titles. easy mistake. Good on you for supporting a great dev! How is WRS? Looking to pick that up next pay period, especially knowing dirt/terrain deformation will be making its way to that sim as well! Gonna look forward to some TORC Truck mods

arnzzz

Hey MXK_cdub85,

I am actually really impressed with both GPBikes and WRS. I had tried WRS demo before but thought it had issues with getting my wheel
setup correctly, but after hitting the same problem again last night i realised it was due to an error i was making in not calibrating the wheel fully :)

SO now i have the wheel working fully i can honestly say its up there with some of the best racing sims i own. The graphics may not be up there
with the most modern titles like Assetto Corsa, but I dont expect them to be as its a one man project :)

The feel of the cars is great, and the FFB seems spot on to my liking, thought ymmv.

With regards to GPBikes, I am at that frustrated stage i remember all to clearly from when i first tried mxbikes, where i cannot get the bike around the track
without falling off lol, but as with mxb I know that comes with time and experience.

I'm just waiting for my keys to come through by email so i can add some more bikes and tracks :)

all together though, i am very happy i spent the money, i know ill get many ours of fun from these titles.

@geofanatec, sorry if i was snappy in the above posts mate, it was late and i was tired :(

PizzaChet

Well I bought KRP, GPB and MXB too. I never heard or saw you get WRS free with purchase. I'll have to check that out tonight. Thanks for mentioning that!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

HornetMaX

Piboso's Kart Racing Pro (KRP) is a total blast too.

If you have a wheel (which I don't, as I'm not much into 4 wheels) it's well worth.

There seems to be more online activity (races, championships) compared to GpB/MXB,m it seems more mature.

MaX.

arnzzz

Quote from: HornetMaX on March 08, 2015, 12:51:35 PM
Piboso's Kart Racing Pro (KRP) is a total blast too.

If you have a wheel (which I don't, as I'm not much into 4 wheels) it's well worth.

There seems to be more online activity (races, championships) compared to GpB/MXB,m it seems more mature.

MaX.

Ive got a wheel, but ive been inclined to use RF2 as my go to sim for 4 wheel stuff :) never really been into karts.

Ive been having trouble getting the bike around the track in GPB though lol, kinda like when i bought MXB i suppose. It took me
about a week of riding every night after work to even get the bike around the track in one piece :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: arnzzz on March 08, 2015, 09:29:59 PM
Ive been having trouble getting the bike around the track in GPB though lol, kinda like when i bought MXB i suppose. It took me
about a week of riding every night after work to even get the bike around the track in one piece :)
As each of us :) When you start GPB, the keyword is in the 1st words of this:

https://www.youtube.com/v/-enWFTi_CDE

And as soon as you're doing OK, you start looking at the lap times of the fast guys and ... well, get some prozac ready.

MaX.