• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:34:56 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta2

Started by PiBoSo, November 23, 2014, 06:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I'm here, I can see all the forums again! Thanks Pib.. 8)

I still see some regular names currently online.. Think people are just waiting patiently, now they've played beta1 that's the hype over, should now hopefully start to see some regulars back and the core community develop.

Really liking beta 2 so far, everything feels so much more stable but also the bike seems to react to the heightmap more which is nice for noisy tracks. Haven't really figured out how to whip yet, sometimes I can nail it perfectly, sometimes I end up doing barrel rolls or nosedives.. Is there a method that is intended?

Keep it up guys, and thanks for putting the work in! Definitely appreciated!!  ;D

GDUBMX

https://www.youtube.com/v/kLdgx-uDka4

a huge whip.. landed of course :P not
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

nico_ktm19

Hi, Thank you for the second beta, i like play on your game ! :)

MotoRogers499

Ive just been unactive on the forums Pib, Ive been playing MXB pretty much any time i have spare time haha, but because my HDD crashed on my PC, I have to use my laptop. I normally play until I rage from lag xD also, Lag is another reason I dont play online anymore :P Nothing to do with the game, just my laptop! I absolutely love the game though. One thing I still cant firgure out is rider lean L/R. I just cant seem to ever use it at the right time, always using it incorrectly I feel. Also the whole problem where you cant assign 2 controls to the same button. I know its a simulator, and im all for it, but some things just cant be done with a controller. Not enough buttons :/

EDIT: Be honest, how many of you actually use both brakes? You're either using one or the other xD, unless you have an external software that lets you use both on one button

ChrisK

data missmatch on every server, servers not updatet or i have a wrong installation?!

thisisdef

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 24, 2014, 12:47:43 PM
Where is everybody?  :o
What's going on?  ???
Can someone please explain why there was a lot of activity on this forum before beta1 release and now it dropped to almost zero?  :-\

I still check the forums everyday. From what I've heard from people is they check the forums, there's just not as much playtime. I noticed that over 12 hours after the release of beta 2 there were no servers online so I put one up until my servers officially don't exist. I am a huge supporter for the idea of Steam Greenlight, and I think that would help build a community even if it's odd at first. I think since it's a simulator people don't understand the learning curve and expect it to be more "fun". Fun factors include great online multiplayer, tons of content, and factors that are always unknown. The simulator is going for true simulation so in my opinion it will take a long time to have everybody enjoy it. I enjoy the game here and there, but I've played all the tracks already. The single player is fun for me which doesn't happen often for me anymore. I've played some other simulators like BeamNG drive which is fun in single player and offers more realistic material collisions. It serves it's purpose for what it was built for. In final words I think simulation will take a longer time for people to come in, and playable fun will take away from being a true simulator but it will bring people faster. I think it's up to you (which I hope it stays a true simulator) to decide on either if you want the activity or not. I may be way off topic, but there needs to be a reason to play and be active other than just the game itself. I still support you PiBoSo, I just don't have as much time or resources to push your creation.
Quote from: PiBoSoIt's actually an ambitious project, and at some point, hopefully sooner than later, it will show its full potential.

GDUBMX

You need to contact frankieonpcin1080p, he's got a couple of million sub's on YouTube.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

holt619

From the people I talk to, a lot of people still are around. They just don't feel the need to post asking questions like before beta 1 release since now they can answer it themselves by playing with the game now that it's out   :D.    Update is great and loving playing it now that I have some more free time!

MXK_cdub85

I'm still here! I check the forums as much as I can. In my experience, I have tired of the tracks available and also the physics themselves are still a pain point for me. There's just a lot of little things, like better in air control, more of a responsive (maybe predictable?) feel to the bike, the cameras are still an annoyance for me. Third person is just not good, I'm sorry piboso. I enjoy the first person a lot, even though i still dont particularly care for the swinging motion. But it's really cool to see the whips and everything sometimes in 3rd person like on mx simulator. The bike just simply doesn't behave naturally most of the time to me. I've rode mx my whole life, professionally for 10 years now. It's in beta, so I have faith in your team to get over these hurdles. Your previous work is stellar! I just feel a lot of people are having a hard time jumping ship from Mx Simulator to Mx Bikes as of now. Mx Sim has an absurd amount of content, a large active community, brilliant series hosted by great guys, and physics that feel great and very close to the real thing (even if a little cartoony at times). I just think that MX Bikes hasn't fully cooked yet, but once its out of the oven people will start to flock back. Once people see that you can whip like crazy, terrain deformation, lots of content, and a respectful community it will really take off! I have a ton of respect and faith in you piboso! You have an extremely solid foundation on what is destined to be an amazing simulator. It just needs time my friend! Keep up all the amazing work, I will support everything you guys do!

ChrisK

but without more community tracks/bikes and skins, the comunnity will not get bigger, i love mxb but i dont play it because no one is online

rc4187

I played yesterday and caught 3 or 4 guys online. It was pretty fun. But I agree... Usually online is dead. One thing steam is great at doing is bringing a community together as you can set up groups and get a message out. At the same time, I do think I'd wait 'til it's a little further along in development to open it to everyday people who don't understand the concept of the various stages of development.

onlyonetone

I'm still here as well! Just been crazy busy working 3 jobs. Still checking the forums mostly every day. Will be downloading this tonight when I get off work.

arnzzz

Im here every day as im so excited about the future of MXBikes. Its the first of your products ive owned outside of the demos of your other products.

Speaking as someone who is new to MX simulators, (ive got about 10 minutes in MX sim demo and now over 50 hours in MXBikes), I came to this after
watching MXsim videos, and honestly the scrubs and whips in those videos made me search for something like that but newer, with better graphics.

Hence I found your stuff and MXBikes.

After purchasing it my first impressions were pretty bad, but that was because I stupidly expected an in development product to be perfect. I expected
to jump on my bike, be whipping and scrubbing like crazy. And ill be super honest, i was gutted when I got the hang of the bike (which btw took about 10 hours spread over multiple days haha), just to find out that those moves were not possible to do(consistently anyway).

Ive been playing MXB now for about a month and we are in beta 2 now, and I think its a big improvement over B1. Its a long way from being the MX simulation I would like, e.g, controllable in air motion, terrain deformation, more content. But its on its way.

I think this will be THE mx simulation in the future, but like others have said, its not done cooking yet.

On a side note, I imagine the physics of an MX bike are a lot more difficult to tune correctly than a road bike. I dont envy you, but i do admire you :)

I have crazy high hopes for this sim, and I think you Piboso are the man to deliver. Ill be patiently waiting here and in game :)

MotoRogers499

Im having a problem where profiles arent saving with Beta 2

𝖙𝖋𝖈

November 25, 2014, 12:57:02 AM #29 Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 01:45:00 AM by PiBoSo
Gdub's vid inspired me lol..  You can throw some pretty good whips after a bit of practice  8)

http://www.youtube.com/v/ty9a171GcDk