• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:41:40 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

several pc on 1 connection

Started by Mika650, September 22, 2020, 11:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mika650

Hello friendly rideur ! We are 2 players in the same house, but we cannot play together. The 1st players arrive on the server when he gets there .. the 2nd players "connection time out"

In fact we can be on the server but it's him or me ...

What to do please?

thx very much !
(sorry for my english i'm learning it)

teeds

This is a known port problem and apart from getting another IP address (internet connection) somehow, the only other thing you can do is host a server yourself, then both of you can connect on the LAN.

With the next patch of MXbikes we can potentially use IPv6, if you can also get this from your ISP it might solve your problem as each PC in your house could have its own public IPv6 address.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Mika650

before it worked well, in starting the mxbike games in steam, I put client port10650 examples (something like that and it had worked)
worries I do not remember the exact manipulation ..

It's crazy to buy a 35th game and not even be able to play online ... we are surprised that there is no one on this game but impossible to play with friends ..

Mika650

iNsane

just my two cents ...
1)
Do you both have a different license key?

2)
One of you could try using a VPN such as ProtonVPN or Windscribe and then test if you still can't play on the same server.
It might be that the game compares your IPs and since you are both in the same network, it's not possible that the same two IPs are on the same server.

Please tell me if it worked.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

teeds

Quote from: Mika650 on September 24, 2020, 02:35:07 PMNo help ?? Piboso ???

Not a lot Pibs can do about limitations of the way routing works in most of our homes.

Be interesting to hear if a VPN works, it might as you'll get a different public IP effectively.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

iNsane

I'm wondering if they found a solution

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Mika650

We had 1 pc in WIFI and the other pc in cable, it didn't work

we put the 2 pc in cable and it works!

but we had to restart the pc once wired for it to work, otherwise an error was displayed in the servers menu in mxbike saying that the profile was already connected

1 years ago I was given a manipulation to enter the parameters in launching mxbikes game in steam, it was to mark -clientport10510 (examples) something like that and I don't remember it anymore.
It always worked until the day we changed my pc and not redo this manipulation that I forgot
Freezone77 had given it to me but the same he does not remember

In the meantime, we have to find a solution to have a pc in wifi and the other to connect in cable