• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:25:29 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[RELEASE] iNsane's PiBoSo Lock Tool

Started by iNsane, September 24, 2020, 02:49:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNsane

September 24, 2020, 02:49:09 PM Last Edit: June 29, 2021, 12:27:19 AM by iNsane
Four weeks development later and I finally can say:
Welcome to iNsane's (un)official PiBoSo Lock Tool web service! Short:

an iNsane PiBoSo service (pun)

please read
iNLock makes it possible for PiBoSo content creators to secure their mods and make them unaccessible for others.
The locked files are still usable in-game but the content can't be extracted anymore.
This is a security measure as PiBoSo's games are becoming more and more known.
Due to the easiness of accessing said content there's even more people re-using content creators' designs, data, configurations and general modifications without creditting the original authors.

We, in the MX Bikes community, lost some modders that way.
This led me to give my best to make this a thing.

I had a lot of chats with PiBoSo and tried to convince him to release the lock tool to the public, but there are also a lot reasons for him to not do, which I mostly agreed with and had full understanding.

I still wanted to do something.
And now we're here.

This project was very fun and I learned a bunch new stuff in the last weeks!

TL;DR
The web service makes it possible to be an easy-to-access and user friendly environment for securing your work.
The steps are easy and self-explanatory. The website offers a "?" button with a little explanation.
Nearly all PiBoSo files should be supported, but you most likely want to lock your paints (PNT) or your packed bike, track or model mod (PKZ).

!!! This is now the first "mass" test, so please bear in mind that errors and bugs may or may not happen. !!!

I hope there's people who have some use for it.
Please do not exploit the service, there's one feature missing which will never be included for public use as it could split the modding community (also another reason) and make "paid mods"a thing: the GUID Lock.

I do all this for free and I don't want people to make money that way, this is disgusting and should never happen.
See here if you remember the time when Skyrim introduced paid mods.

Nonetheless, if you like my work and want to support me, the development and the hosting, feel free to donate via PayPal.
Every donation is greatly appreciated. ♥
If you don't want to donate and you use an adblocker, please consider deactivating it for the domain. The 1 to max. 3 ads I run on all my pages really help me.

Enough talking, start with your iNLock project here:
https://lock.mxb-mods.com

How To:
https://mxb-wiki.com/how-to-lock-mods/

(no I really didn't have a better idea for the name)

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

iNsane

Update 01/10/20:
- fixed the connection timeout/error 500 when uploading big files. This should now be fixed to a more reasonable timeout setting.

Update 04/10/20:
- added a total locked files counter on the upper left, just for fun

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Morin

iNsane

The servers' contract ran out yesterday and I have to setup a new one and migrate the tool to it.
No ETA, will try asap.

Thanks.

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Niko Mouk

Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Niko Mouk

Could you please add this somewhere in the tool page so track makers can think about light versions ? https://mxb-wiki.com/server-version-of-your-track/
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

JessC

Link doesnt work for me, was it ever put on a new server? Sorry jw!  8)

iNsane

06/28/2021:
Long time no see!
I finally managed to get iNLock SSL encrypted and I might have fixed the upload issues we had before.

You can now access the website via https://lock.mxb-mods.com

Please let me know if you still have upload issues. Since I moved I now have better administration for everything. :)

MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Scrallex

Quote from: iNsane on September 24, 2020, 02:49:09 PMPlease do not exploit the service, there's one feature missing which will never be included for public use as it could split the modding community (also another reason) and make "paid mods"a thing: the GUID Lock.

This is why I will always respect you. I love a man of his word