• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 11:33:05 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Low Fps in VR Cpu bottleneck

Started by Sean.D, September 27, 2020, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean.D

I have a good pc setup a titan rtx and 10900k, In VR I've noticed the cpu will have one core maxed out when im looking across the map and my fame rate will drop down to around 50 fps. my gpu is at 30% I've tried turning everything on low graphics settings shadows off and its little better but seems to be the Map draw distance is to much for vr. I get 120fps no problem when I'm in a corner or not looking across the map.     

teeds

I run VR and have a fairly good system, not sure if you've changed your graphics settings at all? I have to run MXBikes in very low graphics detail to keep the FPS from dropping in certain parts of any track. And pretty sure MXB runs only on 1 CPU core currently.

"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Sean.D

Thanks I lowered the graphics it did help but maybe only 5fps though so I looked through the forum found a fix from another post. I went into profile.ini changed draw distance from 1000.00 to 100.00 now its 120 fps 95% of the time it drops to 90fps but very smooth now. I changed the profile.ini to read only because it will automatic reset to 500.00 if you don't. I also can increased the graphics and my headset super sampling to 200% now its very clear and the custom tracks like redbug runs 120fps without dips. This sim is so fun in VR  :D   

teeds

Indeed it is  :)  shame we have to turn so much detail off to enjoy it.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba