• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 12:31:58 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Gate DNS, WHY is it in the game???

Started by AZDesertRat, October 07, 2020, 06:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZDesertRat

Why is it even possible to DNS at the gates?  For vets of the game you learn quickly to not jump start.  However, it is extremely frustrating in multiplayer when you have noobs getting a DNS, having to restart the race and explaining to them to not even touch their controller to avoid it.  The gates have collision so couldn't there be a way to simulate an early jump by getting hung up on the gate for a couple seconds?  In the interim it would be great if the DNS detection was disabled to avoid this headache.

Thanks!

Nicky Locke

This has been mentioned multiple times by multiple people, it would make the racing better and keep a few more people on the gate. I wish Pibs would listen to us but hes got other stuff to figure out I guess

PizzaChet

There also is the age-old human ability to adapt. You adapt to school rules, traffic rules etc. Why the hell can't you sit still for 30 seconds? It's a real simple solution that has kept me from getting a DNS in the last 100 or so starts.

DON'T FUCKING SPAZZ OUT ON THE START GATE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Ruubs

Quote from: PizzaChet on June 04, 2021, 05:48:33 PMThere also is the age-old human ability to adapt. You adapt to school rules, traffic rules etc. Why the hell can't you sit still for 30 seconds? It's a real simple solution that has kept me from getting a DNS in the last 100 or so starts.

DON'T FUCKING SPAZZ OUT ON THE START GATE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Multiplayer still has multiple bugs. One of them is that players occasionally get jump start DQ before even going to the gate.

PizzaChet

Quote from: Ruubs on June 09, 2021, 03:28:13 PM...players occasionally get jump start DQ before even going to the gate.
I've never experienced that nor heard about it. That is definitely a bug. I admit I was quite annoyed at the DNS thing, but it's an easy adjustment. In MX Sim there's some wiggle room at the start, but you get a 15 second delayed start penalty when you stray too far. That's reasonable enough and you at least get to stay in the race.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.