• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:39:45 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

[b15] Camera Thoughts

Started by iNsane, October 26, 2020, 11:47:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNsane

October 26, 2020, 11:47:56 PM Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 11:49:56 PM by iNsane | WW
Hello,
as B15 launched just now, a lot changes have been done. A major change was the 3rd person camera.
I personally don't ride in that view, so please collect your thoughts, opinions and possible what-to-change below.

A simple "it just s*ucks" is not helping. Please explain your ideas or opinion helpfully.

Thanks!

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

AMAX816

Hi Insane,
I ride in third person 90% of the time. Seems like the cam is slightly lower and a bit further away from the rider.
I immediately noticed a lot more visible roost in 3rd person. My initial thoughts are good.
It will take some time to get used to it, but I like the new 3rd person cam action/placement.

8)

Sv3n

3rd person camera improvements are awesome.
Now I can ride (attack) same rut, guz camera follows rider head. so I can see rut(s)  8)

BUT this new improvements brought some weird stuff too. Like if u fall or spin in air. Camera shakes so much that I (not rider, me...) got dizziness  ??? Maybe lock the camera if bike goes to spin or something?
Ingame "Sv3n"

AZDesertRat

I can now recommend 3rd person to friends which previously was not the case.  Better sensation of acceleration/speed that was sorely needed.  As Sv3n noted, if you take a fall in a corner and are facing backwards when you reset, the camera will do some strange stuff rotating/stuttering as you turn around.  Pretty sure this has to do with the new heading changes.  Still, for the first time I was actually having fun running laps in 3rd person cam. 

That said, 1st person is superb!!  The slight camera zoom in/out based on your rider positioning feels so damn good. 

Sv3n

"Look to apex" have to be soooo shakey?  ???  :D
Ingame "Sv3n"

Oeht

The new camera is horrible. I may end up falling from a chair because of the dizziness it causes me. I play all the time in 3rd...

𝖙𝖋𝖈

As a 3rd (and 1st) person player, I think the new cam is good and bad. It really simulates speed and the cornering feels great, the downside is it feels like every bump the bike goes over makes the camera lag and that makes it very difficult for me to enjoy it personally.

[ext_view]
mode=0
dynamic=0

Setting "mode" to 0 locks the external view to the bike.
Setting "dynamic" to 0 forces the external view at a fixed distance from the bike.

So I tried the two. Mode 0 is the classic camera but the distance is higher up than it used to be. This makes the bottom of the bike disappear off the screen when the angle is right.

Anyone know a fix for that?