• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 05:10:35 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta15

Started by PiBoSo, October 27, 2020, 11:26:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiBoSo

PiBoSo

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 04, 2020, 02:49:12 PM- To ban a client, type "!eject" or "!kick" followed by client's name ( or #race number).

So both these commands do the same thing? I thought we were getting a command to just kick but not ban a client from a server?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Resolute Kraken

For the track "paints", I've looked at the documentation, but it is not very clear.  For someone that has not done bike or rider paints before, it is the same thing for track object paints?  And in the ini can we only use paints on one object? 

SATCHSQUASH49

Hey piboso the game is great but there's a few inconsistences that can be fixed to make the game ten time's better! first can the hit box be smaller on the character? You should be able to lay the character leg on the ground and skim the handle bars across dirt without popping off, people do it in real life. so maybe a smaller hit box on the character or something? Also the front end of the bike is soo finnicky its like there's no in-between like full weight on the front or no weight on the front so it makes you lose it in turns alot and that is getting really really old. and why does the backend bust out so easy? on my 2018 kx250f i can hold it out of turns wide open and still be able to control the rear end while in the game i barley touch the throttle and it shoots the bike sideways causing me to crash for no reason which is getting really really old. also the reverse steering in the air is really getting old. i jump into a turn and the tire is left in the air while the turn is right and the bike just throws you off so can we change how high the reverse steering is in air? or just get rid of reveres steering in the air all the way? that would also make it way more realistic. so if those problems can be resolved that would be great piboso thanks for making and working on the game! keep it up :))

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on November 04, 2020, 04:27:39 PM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 04, 2020, 02:49:12 PM- To ban a client, type "!eject" or "!kick" followed by client's name ( or #race number).

So both these commands do the same thing? I thought we were getting a command to just kick but not ban a client from a server?

Yes, the "eject" and "kick" commands are equivalent.
Kicking without a ban wouldn't be very useful, because the client could immediately reconnect.

teeds

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 17, 2020, 11:15:31 PMYes, the "eject" and "kick" commands are equivalent.
Kicking without a ban wouldn't be very useful, because the client could immediately reconnect.

True. The use for the kick would be to let specific people into a full server without prior organization. "Kicking" would allow this to happen when a server is full and without denying that client connectivity to the server until that server is reset or to allow them back in should another slot open up shortly afterwards.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: teeds on November 18, 2020, 10:17:36 AM
Quote from: PiBoSo on November 17, 2020, 11:15:31 PMYes, the "eject" and "kick" commands are equivalent.

True. The use for the kick would be to let specific people into a full server without prior organization. "Kicking" would allow this to happen when a server is full and without denying that client connectivity to the server until that server is reset or to allow them back in should another slot open up shortly afterwards.

PiBoSo would it be possible to give servers the option of setting VIP slots?

That way you could use GUID to reserve slots for specific people. Say you had 3 VIP slots reserved, you could either only let in 37 out of 40 people, or you could boot people automatically if there are 40 people and a VIP connects.

iNsane

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on November 18, 2020, 12:01:10 PMyou could boot people automatically if there are 40 people and a VIP connects.
I'm +1 on the VIP slots but booting people is a quite unelegant thing :D

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

teeds

^^ This would be good. Could help share server hosting costs with VIP slots.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: iNsane | WW on November 18, 2020, 12:08:10 PM
Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on November 18, 2020, 12:01:10 PMyou could boot people automatically if there are 40 people and a VIP connects.
I'm +1 on the VIP slots but booting people is a quite unelegant thing :D

I agree. I don't know enough about how other games do it though.. because it also seems kind of inelegant to have a server for 40 people that only 37 people can join if the VIP's never show and the track has 40 pits and gates.

But yes, ideally not booting people  ;D

PiBoSo

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on November 04, 2020, 06:55:57 PMFor the track "paints", I've looked at the documentation, but it is not very clear.  For someone that has not done bike or rider paints before, it is the same thing for track object paints?  And in the ini can we only use paints on one object? 

The paints creation process is the same as bike and rider: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=169.0
A paint replaces the textures of the track for all objects.