• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:37:38 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Live Timing

Started by PiBoSo, October 04, 2014, 10:46:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: MxWayGamer on September 15, 2020, 10:19:00 AMIs it possible to add session informations (Number of lap and Duration) in the live timing bloc ?

Example :
SESSIONSETUP
Number of lap
Duration

If what you're saying is a suggestion for B15, don't mind me.
If it is not a suggestion for B15; MXB currently doesn't support races based on minutes and laps (however I do believe that's been implemented for B15 already). You can get the session time though. For races, it'll display the minutes left, and for practice it'll show the total time that has passed since the start of te session.

You can get this information from the classification section, then look for session timer.

MxWayGamer

Quote from: Ruubs on September 15, 2020, 07:00:45 PMIf what you're saying is a suggestion for B15, don't mind me.
If it is not a suggestion for B15; MXB currently doesn't support races based on minutes and laps (however I do believe that's been implemented for B15 already). You can get the session time though. For races, it'll display the minutes left, and for practice it'll show the total time that has passed since the start of te session.

You can get this information from the classification section, then look for session timer.

The problem with the session timer in classification, it gives the time since the begining of the session, for race too. So it's hard to create countdown on live timing dashboard because it's not possible to get the configuration of the session.

For the race, it's the same. It's possible to get the current lap of the first player, but not the number of lap for the full race. So, it's not possible to display : "Lap 5/15" now.

In my example, I have add two lines 'Number of lap' and 'Duration' but as you said, it's not possible to create session defined by this two parameters in the same time, so the bloc could be more than :

SESSIONSETUP
TYPE
- Duration
- Lap
Number of lap OR Duration

Concrete example :
SESSIONSETUP
LAP

Owner of Mxb-servers.com

iNsane

You could get the max laps per server from my or the official server page

Simple XML or JSON parse should do the trick

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

MxWayGamer

Quote from: iNsane | WW on September 15, 2020, 08:03:46 PMYou could get the max laps per server from my or the official server page

Simple XML or JSON parse should do the trick

It's very ugly to use other website to get information when you directly can exchange informations with the server. For example : If official server page is down, my live timing will be down ...
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

PiBoSo

November 02, 2020, 12:19:31 AM #19 Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 12:51:28 AM by PiBoSo
First post updated with the latest messages data format:
- added an empty string at the end of each message
- added "type" to EVENT
- added "Extra Data" to ENTRY
- added "Average Speed" to LAP
- added the session length and laps to CLASSIFICATION
- PREQUALIFY has been changed to PRE-QUALIFY

A link to example source code has been added, too.

Resolute Kraken

Can the HOLESHOT be added as a new MSG?

Would also help if the ENTRY record contained a status if the player was disconnected.  For example, if you connect to live timing during a practice session, and a player had already disconnected, you will never receive the ENTRYREMOVE MSG, but they are sent in the ENTRY MSG until the session changes.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on February 17, 2021, 06:14:03 AMCan the HOLESHOT be added as a new MSG?

Would also help if the ENTRY record contained a status if the player was disconnected.  For example, if you connect to live timing during a practice session, and a player had already disconnected, you will never receive the ENTRYREMOVE MSG, but they are sent in the ENTRY MSG until the session changes.

The HOLESHOT message will be added to the next MX Bikes update.

Please note that entries and clients are not the same.
The ENTRYREMOVE message is only sent when the client that disconnects has not recorded any lap.

Resolute Kraken

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 17, 2021, 03:54:40 PMPlease note that entries and clients are not the same.
The ENTRYREMOVE message is only sent when the client that disconnects has not recorded any lap.

Thanks, but the connected clients are not sent in any of the messages.  So, we can't tell who is connected or not if they did record a lap.  This would be helpful to know so we can tell which clients are connected and valid to send remote admin commands to.

Resolute Kraken

February 17, 2021, 06:22:57 PM #23 Last Edit: February 17, 2021, 07:07:32 PM by Resolute Kraken
Would you be able to update the CLASSIFICATION when a split is crossed by a player instead of only at the start/finish? 

Currently, you do not have accurate results in live timing and in the game (replay screen or MaxHud plugin) until the player has crossed the start/finish for the second time.  This is especially bad on tracks such as Mantua or Washington where the start/finish is far away from the start gate.  So, you end up not getting updated classifications until almost the end of the 2nd lap because they have only crossed the start/finish 2 times. 

If you included the split times in the timing and update of the classifications, the live timing would be much more useful to streamers and players as the results would update 3 times per lap - at each split and the start/finish.

Also, splits are not posted until the rider starts the first "official" lap as well.  Again, for a track like Manuta, the start gate is right after the start/finish.  It would be nice to know who is in the lead on the first lap from the start gate to start/finish.  If you report the splits, even though this isn't an officially recorded lap, then we could at least get the current results on that first lap.

Niko Mouk

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on February 17, 2021, 06:22:57 PMWould you be able to update the CLASSIFICATION when a split is crossed by a player instead of only at the start/finish?

+1

Depending on how large the data is, it could be updated after each checkpoint too. Just like in MX Sim. It is not normal you have to wait 2 laps to know your position, even if I can understand the simulation side where IRL you can see the pitboard in one and only location. But for the live spectating  it's needed.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Resolute Kraken

Were any new features added to live timing or remote admin for B16?  I saw that it now reports the MSG for HOLESHOT.  Is there anything else?

PiBoSo

May 26, 2021, 12:14:02 AM #26 Last Edit: May 26, 2021, 12:22:57 AM by PiBoSo
First post updated:
- added info on how to receive the contact messages
- added the HOLESHOT and CONTACT messages data format

PiBoSo

First post updated:
- changed the START command parameters
- added "Length" to SESSION
- added "Holeshot" to TRACKDATA

PiBoSo

First post updated: