• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:25:10 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Dynamic Surfacing

Started by Jeston, February 02, 2014, 05:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeston

I've just found a video on Youtube about dynamic surfacing(Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYdBCxOIZUc) Will this be implemented into MXB?
Starting fresh on a groomed track on a sunny day, it slowly turns into hardpack track with dynamic surfacing. Or would it just be a feature of terrain deformation?

PiBoSo

Quote from: Jeston on February 02, 2014, 05:10:54 PM
I've just found a video on Youtube about dynamic surfacing(Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYdBCxOIZUc) Will this be implemented into MXB?
Starting fresh on a groomed track on a sunny day, it slowly turns into hardpack track with dynamic surfacing. Or would it just be a feature of terrain deformation?

Unfortunately, unlike asphalt, the terrain will not dynamically change from wet to dry.
The terrain will just deform.

AWood

Wow. That is just beautiful. This is the kind of stuff smart members of the community can make with modding (that's what that was right? A mod for his other sim made by a member of the community? Beautiful. We just need smart gamers interested in this MX game. Don't seem to have too many sadly :(

Midbeck

Quote from: AWood on February 02, 2014, 05:19:23 PM
We just need smart gamers interested in this MX game. Don't seem to have too many sadly :(
I can be smart when i want to, I just choose not to most of the time.
#DirtyEuro

Motoboss

I don't know if they could mod something like that ..but the old saying goes... If you build it they will come.....
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

AWood

Quote from: Midbeck on February 02, 2014, 05:21:22 PM
Quote from: AWood on February 02, 2014, 05:19:23 PM
We just need smart gamers interested in this MX game. Don't seem to have too many sadly :(
I can be smart when i want to, I just choose not to most of the time.
I mean smart as like people who know how to program and mod games. When I played corner strike and COD way back in the day, as well as other games. People have made mods that make them seem like they ARE the developer of the game. People do crazy huge overhauls. like if sim was modable we would already have erode and rider falloff and other stuff because modders can do that shit.

Normally that's where you also end up getting hackers  because they use powers for bad not good but whatever. Hopefully that smart guy and many that have modded GP bikes and Kart racer will come over here and make some cool shit for MX bikes.

AWood

Quote from: Motoboss on February 02, 2014, 05:21:48 PM
I don't know if they could mod something like that ..but the old saying goes... If you build it they will come.....
But you already saw the video... He did make a mod like that. Just for asphalt. Could probably made for mud. You can mod anything.....

Jeston

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 02, 2014, 05:18:10 PM

Unfortunately, unlike asphalt, the terrain will not dynamically change from wet to dry.

I wasn't talking about the terrain changing from wet to dry on the race line, I was thinking about the race line being formed of hardpack (Example:

As you can see from the pic, only one part of the jump is mostly being used by the riders, when they first went out on the track it wouldn't have looked like that, just an idea.

Motoboss

Don't get me wrong i would love it to happen... A track to start out muddy and dry up and get grippier or the other way around ...that would be insane!!
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

PiBoSo

Quote from: Jeston on February 02, 2014, 05:33:18 PM

I wasn't talking about the terrain changing from wet to dry on the race line, I was thinking about the race line being formed of hardpack (Example:

As you can see from the pic, only one part of the jump is mostly being used by the riders, when they first went out on the track it wouldn't have looked like that, just an idea.

This will be possible, but not in the first release.

Jeston

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 02, 2014, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: Jeston on February 02, 2014, 05:33:18 PM

This will be possible, but not in the first release.

Great, looking forward to it!

MX181

Quote from: Motoboss on February 02, 2014, 05:33:51 PM
Don't get me wrong i would love it to happen... A track to start out muddy and dry up and get grippier or the other way around ...that would be insane!!
It would be so dope. The tracks being made are going to be so easy to make though as all your going to have to do is build jumps and a few burms and then the ruts and lines will form. going to be sick, although pib said not to expect much in the first release i think everyone is expecting something sick haha

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

GDUBMX

this is awesome. i love the level of detail thats being implemented. keep it up!
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />