• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 07:36:41 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Seat Bounce and generally jumping.

Started by LEASEK, October 29, 2020, 03:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LEASEK

October 29, 2020, 03:36:41 PM Last Edit: October 29, 2020, 05:13:46 PM by LEASEK
Hello, Ive done some testing on Seat Bouncing and jumping.

I have noticed zero difference whether I jump normally or seat bouncing.

Jumps:
1. Standing, steady throttle.
2. Standing, steady throttle, hitting lean back when hitting face.
3. Standing, steady throttle and accelerating when hitting face.
4. Standing, steady throttle and accelerating when hitting face, hitting lean back when hitting face.
5. Sitting, steady throttle.
6. Sitting, steady throttle, hitting lean back when hitting face.
7. Sitting, steady throttle and accelerating when hitting face.
8. Sitting, steady throttle and accelerating when hitting face, hitting lean back when hitting face.

First of all, Im not 100% sure how to do this in real life.
There is no way to measure this in game, because of no tools, graphs. (or I dont know about them)
Bike setup might be wrong.
Speed, jump place wrong for testing.
Only eye test for a random supercross jump.

I was doing it on some "first" jumps on supercross right after a corner.
It was on 450 MX1 (default bike) and 2nd, 3rd gear.

To @all
Could you share your opinion on that, do you seat bounce properly, can you share your technique (maybe im doing it wrong)? Can you tell me an exact place where you can see the difference, so I can test it myself and practice.

To @devs
I noticed that the rider automatically leans backward when jumping. Is this made intentionally for beta purposes (testing, development)? I think that at some jumps you dont need to do that and it would be even better (faster, better bike orientation for landing etc.). MX Bikes being a simulator, this should be controlled by the player in my opinion.

Cheers for all.

LastFriday

I have actually found it when I give it full throttle, lean back, and either sit right when I hit the face of the jump, or if I stand right on the face of the jump it will do it. You have to stretch it though

jtrs_61

so, think of the legs as your own personal shock obsorbers... IRL they perform as much function as the shock while landing or even navigating woops and what not... so, the same goes for seat bouncing... mashing the sit button either before or on the face preloads the suspension while releasing right on the lip of the jump gives just "that" much more rebound and "that" much more height.

LEASEK

Ye, you right, but coming out of a corner i do not want to standup and sit again, so im sitting all the time, but when Im in the rhythm sections and I land between faces - I need to land and sit - this is the place where seat bounce really launches like a rocket. But the point is I cant see difference (in height, length of a jump) in the game whether I seat bounce or stand. Thats why Im asking if someone can give me "inGame" examples. Ofcourse I sit when Im coming out of a tight corner but this is only to not lose stability. If I were standing I could not corner at that same speed as when sitting so I would not jump as long as sitting, but its because of speed.
Shouldnt seat bounce provide more height, length at the same speed as standing?