• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 01:35:56 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Menu Navigation w. Controller Support.

Started by Fangel, December 07, 2014, 11:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fangel

I guess the title says everything, but allow me to explain a little bit.

I am gonna take a chance here and say most of us are playing MX-Bikes with a controller, however the menus only respond to keyboard input.
I think it would make sense if you could navigate the entire game only using your controller. The way it is right now, we have to alternate between
keyboard and controller all the time.

I hope this makes sense :)

Have a nice Sunday.

arnzzz

Im using a controller as well :)

I cannot imagine playing this with a keyboard. I suppose a stick would be good. Ive heard people play with wheels!! I cannot
imagine doing that with my wheel, it would seem weird lol.

But yes, being able to control menus with controller would be cool, Especially for those who play on a screen away from their PC.

I thought this would be a cool sim to have on my main TV and sit back on the sofa and chill out while playing MXBikes, but id be
up and down all the time playing with settings etc :)

Anyway, I think its a good idea, defo one for the "good suggestions bank" ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

+1

it's not the be all and end all but it would be useful.

I've never used a controller on my pc for any game, always been a keyboard racer and it never held me back until I played mxb, think I lasted 2 hours before getting the xbone controller out lol

MXK_cdub85

Any input on this piboso or snappe? It's a small complaint, but it's something that would be extremely convenient. Especially as a person with an absurdly large monitor, I sit far back from it which means ever time I go from gameplay to menu I'm always having to scoot back and forth. Really a lazy ass problem but still would be nice.

GDUBMX

Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on March 15, 2015, 03:25:07 AM
Any input on this piboso or snappe? It's a small complaint, but it's something that would be extremely convenient. Especially as a person with an absurdly large monitor, I sit far back from it which means ever time I go from gameplay to menu I'm always having to scoot back and forth. Really a lazy ass problem but still would be nice.
+1 :) id love a totally controller dependent game. :D
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on March 15, 2015, 03:25:07 AM

A complete rewrite of the UI code would be needed, so unfortunately there are no plans to add this feature.

ltatkinson

Quote from: PiBoSo on March 15, 2015, 03:00:51 PM
Quote from: MXK_cdub85 on March 15, 2015, 03:25:07 AMAny input on this piboso or snappe? It's a small complaint, but it's something that would be extremely convenient. Especially as a person with an absurdly large monitor, I sit far back from it which means ever time I go from gameplay to menu I'm always having to scoot back and forth. Really a lazy ass problem but still would be nice.

A complete rewrite of the UI code would be needed, so unfortunately there are no plans to add this feature.

Hi PiBoso,

Has there been any change on this front? Controller support for the MX Bikes and GP Bikes menus would be greatly appreciated.

Alternatively would you be willing to provide a command-line interface allowing external applications (e.g. UI front-end) to launch MX Bikes/GP Bikes with parameters for bike, track and other user-defined options?

Thanks