• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 08:33:17 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Beta 2 and physics still haven't changed?

Started by Fielder176, December 08, 2014, 03:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fielder176

I'm really not sure what is going on :-\..... I have messed around with trying to come up with a comfortable setup, but yet it seems like it doesn't matter! Now, i see whip videos and a bunch of other fixes with Beta 2 but it doesn't seem to apply to my skills in the game :'( (Yes, I do have Beta 2 installed) Does anyone have suggestions on what i should have for a setup so the game is actually playable and fun? Hopefully so i have some style while riding too... Thanks again!!! -Fielder176

Stoneybonezz

December 08, 2014, 05:48:45 AM #1 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 05:53:09 AM by Stoneybonezz
This game has a high learning curve like any other sim, which is something you should love to hate. It takes time but you'll learn. The only suggestion I have for a setup is to soften the suspension a bit from stock and adjust the direct lean value to your liking. I ride 0 direct lean and love it

Fangel

I know your frustration - but remember that this is a simulator, and one that isn't even complete. That makes MX Bikes a really hard game, and most people not interested in racing wouldn't find this fun at all. As mentioned above, MX Bikes is gonna take a while to learn, and you should expect to put a good deal of hours into before you can "master" it. If you want, I can see if I can put together a video of a whip, explaining what to do. My whips are kind of hit and miss though.

Anyways, good luck :)

arnzzz

Its a bloody hard sim, but already very rewarding when you get it right.

It took me multiple days of a couple of hours at a time to get a clean lap. Still now i don't often get clean laps (without at least 1 fall).

The slow speed physics are very awkward as they stand at this time so be patient. But IF you put the hours in you can have a really
rewarding experience.

Ive been riding this for over 1-2 months and i cannot do whips either. And if im honest I think the videos you have seen are cherry
picked whips. A 10 second whip video was probably picked from 20-100 failed whips and possibly hours of play time lol. Thats just
how MXBikes is right now.

I can see why its frustrating, sometimes i turn it off in anger if im having one of those days when i just cant keep it up ;) But im sure
changes in the future will make the bike more stable.

TLDR... you have to put the hours in to get better :)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I think the important thing I've learned is riding with the least amount of assists provides the most enjoyment. Both in satisfaction and the bikes ability.

I find it pretty easy to consistently whip, it's a learning curve like everything else.

Fangel

Quote from: TheFatController on December 08, 2014, 01:32:23 PM
I think the important thing I've learned is riding with the least amount of assists provides the most enjoyment.

Care to share your settings?

Thanks.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Sure. The only thing on auto is gears and clutch at the moment but will take that off at some point.

brake and wheelie help off are where you should notice the biggest improvement.

Using xbox one controller, I have direct lean at 100%, smooth rider lean l/r 80%

wattdigger

Quote from: TheFatController on December 08, 2014, 02:34:21 PM
Sure. The only thing on auto is gears and clutch at the moment but will take that off at some point.

brake and wheelie help off are where you should notice the biggest improvement.

Using xbox one controller, I have direct lean at 100%, smooth rider lean l/r 80%

I have the problem of the front end coming up EVERYWHERE, no matter how soft i am on the throttle.

PizzaChet

Make the swingarm length 2. That should help
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

rc4187

I have all assists off and I've got scrubs and whips down pretty good now. It just takes time like everyone said. Sometimes if it's a tighter tracks I'll change the gearing. Front sprocket as low as it'll go and rear as high. It seems to help with low speed stability when getting going. You won't want it like that for higher speed tracks, though as you'll find it difficult to get over the bigger jumps. Another thing that helped me was manual shifting.

Hope you get a feel for it and continue playing. The game could definitely use more active players.

Fielder176

Thanks a lot guys for all the input! I'll try to use the suggested setups and what not, but overall I'm excited for this game to develop and improve.