• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

syncing.... syncing... syncing... play! freeze, crash, lose.

Started by jtrs_61, November 26, 2020, 04:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtrs_61

yall know what im talking about.  ive got 300+ hours since steam launch plus countless more before steam kept track... id bet a third of that was spent sitting and waiting for these ridonkulous connection issues.  several more hours posting here, asking questions about my hardware on my end, firewalls and any other tips or tricks to get a consistent connect so i can rip with you fellas and im about fed up with it. 

the physics are great.  the bikes are freakin awesome., and bad ass tracks keep comin!  but when is piboso going to put some real R&R into these things that literally make the game unplayable?  i mean, come on dudes. what good is this epic moto game if i cant even fuggin play it half the time?

iNsane

Funny thing, I can't join several servers without a VPN and just now I'm stuck since 10 minutes in syncing using a VPN but I hear the start horn of the race that has been started.
That's somehow not a client issue but something is definitely fucked in the server logic of MX Bikes.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Roarman136

I just joined a month ago, I was just gonna post but sounds like it's a common issue.
Do we know what it's doing during sync? Is it dependent on connection disk etc. I did notice after I did a bunch of mods it made loading game all together slower and I just get more syncing problems.
A friend inside the server sees me connect then it flashes and says disconnected but still says it's syncing. We were thinking even if we could get some error handling like bike mismatch disconnected error etc would be helpful.
I love love the game but I only get an hour here and there to play last night I spent 40 min just trying to get into a server to play, wasting tons of time waiting.

jtrs_61

Quote from: Roarman136 on December 05, 2020, 10:20:27 PMI just joined a month ago, I was just gonna post but sounds like it's a common issue.
Do we know what it's doing during sync? Is it dependent on connection disk etc. I did notice after I did a bunch of mods it made loading game all together slower and I just get more syncing problems.
A friend inside the server sees me connect then it flashes and says disconnected but still says it's syncing. We were thinking even if we could get some error handling like bike mismatch disconnected error etc would be helpful.
I love love the game but I only get an hour here and there to play last night I spent 40 min just trying to get into a server to play, wasting tons of time waiting.

+1

MxWayGamer

Totally agree with you. It's the biggest black spot of Mx Bikes, it's kill the user experience. When you join successfully the server, if the creator switch the track, you have to sync again.

If it's due to mods bikes. Is it possible to only sync the track when you join the server and after, load bikes and riders in background ?
Owner of Mxb-servers.com

chillz hd

Quote from: jtrs_61 on December 06, 2020, 02:54:54 AM
Quote from: Roarman136 on December 05, 2020, 10:20:27 PMI just joined a month ago, I was just gonna post but sounds like it's a common issue.

+1
Agree with the mods making my game slower.  :P I had a few a sets of gear and bikes and tracks and then decided to install the 'Mx Bikes Full Shop 3 Folders Separate Update V1.1' just because I wanted some more mods as I'm a newcomer. Installed all the mods into my game directory and then launched the game; it usually loads up in about 20 seconds or so but it didn't after installing mods. I actually thought that I broke the game but it's mods causing my game to launch very slow and now it takes about 3-5 minutes just for the game to launch  :-\ I'm thinking that I might need to buy some sort of SSD like an m.2 drive for faster launch speeds as I only have a normal mechanical hard drive because the rest of my PC specs are fine.

Niko Mouk

Take your mod folder, select all MX1 + MX2 OEM bikes and look at the size it is (and remember it is zipped, the game unzip it when it loads, I guess).
Add to that the paints and other mods size, like wheels... It is too much, and it is loaded in your memory if I am right. I was always fighting against too big stuff since the beginning of MXS with 4K skins and so on.

Anyway, I have nearly the biggest setup possible with 32 GB of memory, RTX 3080, M.2 nvme and so on, and it happens to me too sometimes. So there is definitely something wrong on this side with the game.
Hey ! If you like my work, you can 💰 donate on Paypal, thank you !

Roarman136

Quote from: chillz hd on December 09, 2020, 04:08:36 PM
Quote from: jtrs_61 on December 06, 2020, 02:54:54 AM

+1
Agree with the mods making my game slower.  :P I had a few a sets of gear and bikes and tracks and then decided to install the 'Mx Bikes Full Shop 3 Folders Separate Update V1.1' just because I wanted some more mods as I'm a newcomer. Installed all the mods into my game directory and then launched the game; it usually loads up in about 20 seconds or so but it didn't after installing mods. I actually thought that I broke the game but it's mods causing my game to launch very slow and now it takes about 3-5 minutes just for the game to launch  :-\ I'm thinking that I might need to buy some sort of SSD like an m.2 drive for faster launch speeds as I only have a normal mechanical hard drive because the rest of my PC specs are fine.
SSD will help with launch as its the disk usage that's going crazy.

Roarman136

Quote from: Niko Mouk on December 11, 2020, 06:19:44 PMTake your mod folder, select all MX1 + MX2 OEM bikes and look at the size it is (and remember it is zipped, the game unzip it when it loads, I guess).
Add to that the paints and other mods size, like wheels... It is too much, and it is loaded in your memory if I am right. I was always fighting against too big stuff since the beginning of MXS with 4K skins and so on.

Anyway, I have nearly the biggest setup possible with 32 GB of memory, RTX 3080, M.2 nvme and so on, and it happens to me too sometimes. So there is definitely something wrong on this side with the game.
I thought this but I only have 16 GB memory and mods is 20GB+ Also I looked it only uses like 4 GB when I am in game so I don't think it is loading into memory. Also I have like 0 free space and so it wouldn't be able to extract much (bigger SSD coming today) it also doesn't seem CPU bound I only have an old i3 and it only ever uses 40-50% cpu. So yeah I don't know what it's doing exactly hopefully it gets better.

jtrs_61

With as many new riders coming to the game the big 10-15 second freeze as they join a server renders the game almost unplayable... please please please tell me the servers are getting an overhaul sometime soon!!