• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:09:35 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Connection Timeout issues

Started by PepperoniKhan, December 14, 2020, 10:01:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PepperoniKhan

December 14, 2020, 10:01:09 AM Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 10:11:05 AM by PepperoniKhan
OK, i've come to a halt with this and its driving me completely bonkers.
Heres the deal - I cant join private servers. ill attempt to join - "Connecting > Connection Timeout." every time. (ive never seen DATA MISMATCH or other messages others have been reporting.)
If I join a server game i.e (STEAM VR blah blah games) "Connecting > Syncing > enters lobby"
I have created rules with my ports (dont completely understand but followed strict rules and direction to do this) opened up firewall blockages.
I have completely deleted EVERYTHING Piboso and MXbikes related - and redownloaded it.

I have installed on my buddies PC and installed OEM bikes and a few tracks - it works fine, the only difference is I use an Ethernet Cable (no wireless)

Please... PLEASE can someone tell me they know whats wrong.

I cannot for the life of me figure it out...

teeds

When you say "private" server do you mean a non dedi server?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

doxvader

I have found that I can only join servers that have a ping number, if it is blank/null I can't join, my buddy also cannot join the same set of servers.

PizzaChet

Quote from: doxvader on December 14, 2020, 05:28:32 PMI can only join servers that have a ping number, if it is blank/null I can't join.
That's a critical thing to consider when looking for servers. It stands to reason that if you don't see a ping and only see "---" instead of ping numbers you won't be able to connect and shouldn't expect to.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

PepperoniKhan

Quote from: teeds on December 14, 2020, 10:31:04 AMWhen you say "private" server do you mean a non dedi server?

Yes exactly, so the Dedicated servers I can join freely, but if my buddy makes a lobby, I cannot join it.
If my buddies are in a Lobby with some randoms - I cannot join.. kinda frustrating

teeds

Non dedi servers use the port 54210, you might want to check that.

PepperoniKhan

still no fix.. anyone have any more ideas?

teeds

Could be the internet IPV6/4 thing, see if the hosts you can't join run just one or the other and then find out what you can run. If you can both get on the same it might help and IPv6 is usually free to add if you don't already have it.

PepperoniKhan

Quote from: teeds on December 20, 2020, 11:29:29 AMCould be the internet IPV6/4 thing, see if the hosts you can't join run just one or the other and then find out what you can run. If you can both get on the same it might help and IPv6 is usually free to add if you don't already have it.

ooh that was a good idea. I hadn't thought of that one yet.
unfortunately no fix from it though. Thanks for trying!

teeds

Someone got success recently by changing their DNS servers, easy to do so worth a shot.

PepperoniKhan

Quote from: teeds on December 28, 2020, 12:33:31 PMSomeone got success recently by changing their DNS servers, easy to do so worth a shot.

Just gave that a go today, unfortunately no joy from that either.
thanks for idea though teeds!

PepperoniKhan

Still no fix for this.. anyone else have any ideas to add?

PepperoniKhan

I still can't join games unless they are a dedicated server. this is so frustrating.
who can I talk to about this to get a real answer? Thanks.

teeds

Logically I think you already have your answer -

Quote from: teeds on December 15, 2020, 01:16:03 PMNon dedi servers use the port 54210, you might want to check that.

Russian Mulisha

Quote from: PepperoniKhan on January 25, 2021, 06:09:10 AMI still can't join games unless they are a dedicated server. this is so frustrating.
who can I talk to about this to get a real answer? Thanks.

HAVE IT WORKED TO CONNECT? I COULD GO ONLY TO AN EMPTY SERVER VIA vpn ... I can't log into servers with players, can someone write a solution to the problem