• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:44:34 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Question about up hill wheel spin

Started by Schpupel, December 28, 2020, 06:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schpupel

Hey all,

Probably a dumb question but I've been playing around with setups more and more (started playing MXB about a month ago) but I can't seem to alleviate the issue of my back end breaking loose when going up steep hills, like at Glen Helen or Unadilla. It's really only when I have to climb hills out of corners though.

250F, 125, or 250 2T, keeps happening. I tried softer rear suspension, stiffer, leaning back, being easier on the throttle, playing with Swingarm length... Nothing. Any tips are appreciated!

loganwren245

i'm having a similar issue, my front end tries to swap out all crazy whewn going up steep hills like on erzberg or washougal. is there a way to fix that? i tried running the softer setup and sitting down and leaning forward to try and weigh the front end down

Markbenq

I also had this problem:
- Make as much speed as posible. (rail the outside of a turn if possible or break early for more drive out)
- Go as straight, do not steer (or if you have to try as little as needed)
- Lean slightly backwards
- When the rear is going to skip/loose traction, reduce the accelaration.

this works very good, without changing a thing on my setup. I can even double the table after the hill on Unadilla.

loganwren245

Either way, uphill physics need a serious run through on the next beta because the bike should not be able to twirl 360 degrees on one wheel because the rear tire broke loose

Toddscott785

What I see consistently working for me is getting as much speed leading up to the hill then getting off the gas completely right before things would usually get sketchy. I'm mostly referring to the uphill on Unidilla in the back, I don't usually have that problem on Wash.