• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:06:18 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Suspensions Tutorial by StoneRider

Started by StoneRider, January 08, 2017, 03:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StoneRider

Quote from: oblitz1 on January 25, 2017, 10:21:33 PM
Where can I see the sag amount on the suspension page?

you go in test man.

oblitz1

SpeedBrain

Great tutorial man! You helped me a lot getting into the game ;)

MXB17

StoneRider

Sv3n

Yeah, finally found this useful topic...

Thanks Stone!

First I learned the game, as basic it comes. Learned physics etc.
The I setup SAG - this was helping me huge time - removes this bounce that the game comes with :)
BUT, this is was not it. Some track I can't ride till that day. Over steering corners and on a rough track damn bounce comes back...

Soo now I can understand a BIT how to start setting my bike up.

Once again thanks!
Ingame "Sv3n"

CBM Racing

So how outdated is this tutorial now since we're in what Beta 14e I think and Asdrael had some new help with tunning the suspension this time around from Bryan Haskell (who I believe I raced in the 30+ Class in SX futures). Just curious because the suspension always seems to change with major updates like going to Beta14 or having 2 new OEM packs. I don't really understand how it all works in this game because some settings don't match up to real-life settings or just ae not in real life at all? Don't get me wrong all the bikes and suspension are absolutely amazing I have never played any Moto game with such real bikes but without knowing the proper way to tune them we are not using them to their full capabilities!

teeds

This did help then, not sure about now though as the suspension, at least on the last 2 OEM releases, is much much better without any changes.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Axle.182

Quote from: oblitz1 on January 25, 2017, 10:21:33 PMWhere can I see the sag amount on the suspension page?
You should be able to find it in the bottom right of your 'garage' page, in between info and done, (i.e back to pits>garage>testing). It took me an embarrassing amount of time to figure this out, so I hope this helps.

Axle.182

Quote from: StoneRider on January 23, 2017, 05:11:47 PM
Quote from: Asdrael on January 23, 2017, 04:17:44 PMThanks for taking the time to write this.

Are we sure about the sag tho? I seem to remember b3/4 had decent sag values stock for the stock bike. In b5 however, it's off. Is it because suspensions got changed and not the stock settings, or is sag now measured differently?

70/100 race sag AND 30/30 free sag is the best for 250 and 450 yeah. this is IRL values. you can find it on every IRL suspensions tutorial and too me... it's pretty obvious when you try it. make a lap in stock and then just set you sag, retry and you tell me.
First, I just wanted to say thank you, as a beginner tuning was intimidating as hell, but this tutorial actually gave me really good insight and made the game so much more playable, and getting started on tuning my 2021 yz250f felt a lot smoother around the edges. However, I was wondering about the exactness of the 70/100 and 30/30 thing... I tried and tried but could not get the exact numbers. I could get either 70/100 or 30/30, but could not get both together. But, I did notice the (+/- 10) next to the numbers; does this mean you can stray +10 or -10 away without too many problems? How close to these numbers should I shoot for? Thanks again for the tutorial, and I hope you do well in the future!

jtrs_61

I started checking Racetech.com spring rate search after I learned Moto Joe's weight is 176 lbs... You can "calculate spring rate" after selecting any of mx bike's models, and even select for MX or SX.  I typically ride CRs and RaceTech recommends slightly stiffer springs than the OEMS are set.  It also recommends sag settings, which isn't always at 100, but more like 106. 

having said that, after growing up with my dad setting sag at 100 in the rear and knowing that figure for bout 30 years, idk why I haven't applied it in game... maybe its because the ole man never mentioned a "front sag" setting or how to change it IRL.

Now, ima have to try the RaceTech recommended spring rates with the whole 70/100 thing and see how that feels! Love this game!