• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:46:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Porting Tracks from MX Simulator

Started by nateboggs485, January 22, 2021, 10:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nateboggs485

I am new to the game, and I have done quit a lot of research and watched all the videos on track building. I would like my first track to be a replica of an MX Sim Track called Racetech Training Complex, has anyone had luck with porting mx sim tracks over to mx bikes?

Rockchalice3875KTM

Quote from: nateboggs485 on January 22, 2021, 10:36:03 PMI am new to the game, and I have done quit a lot of research and watched all the videos on track building. I would like my first track to be a replica of an MX Sim Track called Racetech Training Complex, has anyone had luck with porting mx sim tracks over to mx bikes?
yes it's possible. But for racetech you'll have to rescale most of the jumps.

iNsane

divide track size by 3.28 (ft to m), the scale is ((max point - min point) / 3.28) and that's the basics. Then you gotta figure out how good or bad the track feels.
Nationals probably needs every jump face to be revamped, some SX parts might work but most of the times jump faces will be too steep or too spaced out. Especially when there's a jump after a corner. In MXB you can't keep as much momentum through a corner as in sim.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

nateboggs485

Quote from: iNsane on January 22, 2021, 10:54:02 PMdivide track size by 3.28 (ft to m), the scale is ((max point - min point) / 3.28) and that's the basics. Then you gotta figure out how good or bad the track feels.
Nationals probably needs every jump face to be revamped, some SX parts might work but most of the times jump faces will be too steep or too spaced out. Especially when there's a jump after a corner. In MXB you can't keep as much momentum through a corner as in sim.

Okay so the terrain.hf looks like this in the sim folder.
10 1.000000 -22.627872 130.535614

How does that translate to the x/z in mxb

nateboggs485

Figured it out, i made a height map and everything looks good so far.

bishop

Quote from: nateboggs485 on January 23, 2021, 12:49:04 AMFigured it out, i made a height map and everything looks good so far.

hey bro, howd you get it to work