• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 12:07:57 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rider Model Physics

Started by CeeBigs, January 23, 2021, 04:36:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CeeBigs

January 23, 2021, 04:36:00 PM Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 07:51:04 PM by Ceebigs
After some analysis while filming, a few things come to mind when I think about rider positioning, rider movement, and rider reaction.

- When sitting, Rider Model does not move backward or forward when in the air or cornering (even though in 1st person the camera does move and the physics react accordingly) When whipping and cornering, visually seeing the rider lean forward while sitting could give a very aggressive and organic look. (not to mention it would create more diversity and style with how players whip)

- When standing and you look behind you, rider will assume a stiff sitting position and turn their head. ( This looks funny if you are in the whoops leaning back and you look behind you, or If you are whipping a jump, You can only do sitting whips with look-backs to keep them looking realistic. )

- When standing and hitting bumps/whoops, the rider has no knee movement to meet the compression of the rear shock. You can mimic the realistic movement by moving up and down on the 'rider lean' but even though it looks a bit more realistic, you would lose time in some sections. Ultimately you end up with a sort of slow but organic looking movement, it just takes too long from button input to rider reaction.

I can't stress enough how great things are feeling and looking in comparison to previous betas. Visually, the rider movement and physics have improved 10 fold over the past year,  just thought i'd give my 2 cents if there was any more room for improvement in this area.

-Bigs

Snappe

Thanks for the feedback, will take a look at this for beta 16.