• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:05:28 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

i need help inL3DT

Started by Elemenz, February 11, 2021, 08:38:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elemenz

Hello, every time i make a jump in L3DT and i want to look at it in game it is smaller or bigger then in L3DT.
And my Question is how can i fix that?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

February 11, 2021, 10:16:33 PM #1 Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 10:24:53 PM by 𝖙𝖋𝖈
L3DT scale can be hard to learn.

To find out where you're going wrong, resize your heightmap in L3DT to the same as your HMF and THT. So say your HMF scale is 400 x 400 x 10, in L3DT change your:

Horizontal scale to 1    (this means 1 unit = 1 pixel)
Resize heightmap to 400 x 400
change vertical range to 0 - 10.

That will display your track in L3DT exactly the same as it would be interpreted by MXB.

Next, because it's impractical to work at a scale of 1 and at only 400 x 400 pixels, you will want to resize your heightfield to 2049 x 2049 in L3DT so you have more data to work with (higher quality) When it asks you if you want to maintain the same physical map scale press YES, this will scale your height (Z) to match the same scale percentage increase as your other dimensions (X, Y) got meaning you have more detail to work with and the same size heightmap.

When you understand it, it all makes sense, but if you don't it can be a right pain.

Also, it's a good idea to have an area of 100% black and 100% white set and to never go below or above them. This way, you always know now matter what jumps or dips you build it will always be right in game.

Elemenz

i just don´t get it to work.
do you have a tutorial video or something because i just can´t get it to work.
it is always smaller in game then in l3dt.

Elemenz

everytime i do it like in the video this error code comes up.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

What stage is this appearing?

What is your original min and max altitude?

Elemenz

it is appering when i import the heightmap.

where can i see the altitude?

btw sorry for my englich i am german.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

When you import your heightmap you have to select the options of how to import it in the popup. Choose how large (X & Y) you want it and how tall in altitude (z) 0 - something. If your settings in HMF and THT are 10, set it to 0 - 10.

But please, go back and watch my entire tutorial, it explains all this.

There's nothing else I can really tell you to help.

Elemenz

𝖙𝖋𝖈

So watch the tutorial. Then when you import use 276 x 276 for your horizontal size, 1.0 As your horizontal scale and then 0 to 2.2 as your altitude.

I wrote all this stuff in my first post but here it is again. This time I've put your scale in:

Quote from: 𝖙𝖋𝖈 on February 11, 2021, 10:16:33 PML3DT scale can be hard to learn.

To find out where you're going wrong, resize your heightmap in L3DT to the same as your HMF and THT. So say your HMF scale is 276 x 276 x 2.2, in L3DT change your:

Horizontal scale to 1    (this means 1 unit = 1 pixel)
Resize heightmap to 276 x 276
change vertical range to 0 - 2.2.

That will display your track in L3DT exactly the same as it would be interpreted by MXB.

Next, because it's impractical to work at a scale of 1 and at only 276 x 276 pixels, you will want to resize your heightfield to 2049 x 2049 in L3DT so you have more data to work with (higher quality) When it asks you if you want to maintain the same physical map scale press YES, this will scale your height (Z) to match the same scale percentage increase as your other dimensions (X, Y) got meaning you have more detail to work with and the same size heightmap.

When you understand it, it all makes sense, but if you don't it can be a right pain.

Also, it's a good idea to have an area of 100% black and 100% white set and to never go below or above them. This way, you always know now matter what jumps or dips you build it will always be right in game.

Elemenz

is there any other easier programm or method to do jumps and stuff?

ros

April 06, 2021, 04:13:40 PM #11 Last Edit: April 07, 2021, 08:43:38 AM by ros Reason: Change with more relevant video, add description of videos
Quote from: Elemenz on February 14, 2021, 10:34:57 PMis there any other easier programm or method to do jumps and stuff?
Did you already try Unreal Engine Landscape Editor ? Unreal Engine Landscape QUick Start Guide

Here is a video showing basics of it

The "spline" tool can be interesting also