• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:13:48 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Wheel Tracking bug while cornering ? (FIXED???)

Started by SirSyphron, February 21, 2021, 04:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirSyphron

February 21, 2021, 04:55:02 AM Last Edit: May 08, 2021, 02:21:50 AM by SirSyphron
Hi All,

****EDIT**** - Beta16 seems to have fixed this for me as far as i can tell... i'll keep an eye on it.

Apologies if this has been asked before but I searched high and low and couldn't find anything.
I have noticed on MX Bikes (and even GP Bikes!!) that sometimes while cornering, the back wheel (maybe potentially the front hweel too?) does not behave at all like it would in real life.
As you can see by this video: (https://youtu.be/qPr6Fg-XedY)
while cornering, the back wheel **should** be tracking further out than it is.
I do realise in real life the back wheel does follow a shorter path than the front wheel while cornering and therefore is positioned further towards the inside of the turn ever so slightly (noticed more at slower speeds), but on MX bikes and especially in this video the effect is way too over exaggerated and it really messes with my cornering.
Does anyone else get this? am I being too critical?
if the answer is no, and then yes... try this yourself, go around one of the large cambered corners on the track "Mantua" like i do in this video and let me know if the same thing happens.

It doesn't only happen on this corner, it happens on at least 40% of corners i go around in MXB. Some less noticeable than others.
I feel it has a lot to do with the way the corner is cambered or if it "dips" or Humps" up or down in the corner.

It also happens on GP Bikes, especially on Victoria Circuit while coming over the left hander down the hill (just at Lukey Heights corner 9) before the sharp right hander (Corner 10)

perhaps it isnt 100% a back wheel issue but rather both wheels. I'm not sure.

Would love to hear some feedback from PiBoSo or anyone else.
{EDIT} - this is definitely not an issue of me pushing the grip limits too hard and the front wheel half "washing out". this happens even at slower and less intense lean angles.

Thanks for reading!!

Kind Regards,

Rob

- SirSyphron