• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:59:02 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Online spike lag

Started by tjokis, February 01, 2021, 04:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjokis

Wondering if you guys are aware of this. Been playing in organized race/championship lately and I have noticed that even with high fps/low ping. As soon as the track is getting deformed, usually around 2-3laps in, we are starting to have lag spikes. Happened a lot with 30+ rider on the gate, tried in races with 22 on the gate and it was just as bad. I've specified earlier the fps and ping because I've tested it with other people, we tried high graphics setting Vs low. Euro server vs n/a servers. We don't find anything in relation to that so it would seems to come from the game itself. Would like some feedback on this, because I've noticed the game is growing fast and organised championship are becoming very interesting but with this kind of lag it's more about surviving than actually racing.

AZDesertRat

This is the exact reason Skooty has been disabling deformation for several weeks now.  Turned off with 40+ riders in the server, not a single lag spike, turned on = constant lag issues (this is a dedi server btw).  Really unfortunate because it's the terrain deformation is one of the real strengths of MXB.

PiBoSo

Quote from: AZDesertRat on February 02, 2021, 03:09:09 PMThis is the exact reason Skooty has been disabling deformation for several weeks now.  Turned off with 40+ riders in the server, not a single lag spike, turned on = constant lag issues (this is a dedi server btw).  Really unfortunate because it's the terrain deformation is one of the real strengths of MXB.

Are you talking about framerate lag or multiplayer lag?
Does disabling terrain deformation also fix the connection freezes?

AZDesertRat

Sorry for the delayed response.  This is multiplayer lag.  No, the fix I've observed and experienced for connection freezes is to only play on dedicated servers. 

Ruubs

Even dedicated servers have this issue.