• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 09:39:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Linköping (Replica)

Started by JV, March 15, 2021, 06:42:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JV

Download the track here

Here is my first track release for MX Bikes. It's a replica of my home track in Linköping, Sweden. My goal for this project was to make the track as close to reality as possible and have the same look and feel I would get on an open practice night in the summer.

I would describe the track as quite hard/technical but very fun and satisfying once you get the flow going. If you like to go wide open at all times and rail berms dragging the bars in the ground this is not a track for you.

For those who are running on a slower PC, I'd strongly recommend that you turn down screen resolution and perhaps also turn off 3D grass.

Big thanks to:

Resolute Kraken - track builder tool and tutorials.
TFC - tutorials and answering my questions in forum/discord.
Niko Mouk - tutorials and being super responsive in the discord.
Ruubs - answering questions in the discord.
Insane - answering questions in the discord.
Giopanda - for a few of the objects from his objects pack.
Hellmachine - beta testing and cooking up an epic release video.

A Lot of hard work went into this track to make it beautiful and optimized enough to be raceable for most people.

I hope you enjoy it.

If you like my work, please consider making a donation.

JV

MXB17

Great job man, Stellar release and huge thanks, this will be hours of fun on MXbikes

NoKnownThrone

Wow, this track is absolutely beautiful! Can't wait to learn it. It has some super sick lines so far, one I didn't think I could clear... but made it with a seat bounce.

One question: I am not noticing any ruts forming. Is the deformation on for this track? I really want to see how it starts playing when they form. Maybe I haven't put enough laps around it :P

BubuuM

UncleLiberty76

This track is amazing. graphically stunning and rides pretty well.

JV

Thank guys! Since the track is so big the deformation gets very lowres and un-interesting anyway, you're not missing out. It's in there but it takes time to penetrate through.

CSchmied986

DUDE!!! This is the first release I've noticed from you and it really is next level work!!! One thing, would it be possible to release a mid-day or night version of this track? The dim lighting can be a little tough sometimes. Can't wait to see more of your work!

fridgedollar

really great job dude, track is stunning :) thanks for sharing

pacopastor34

NoKnownThrone

Quote from: CSchmied986 on March 17, 2021, 09:51:38 PMDUDE!!! This is the first release I've noticed from you and it really is next level work!!! One thing, would it be possible to release a mid-day or night version of this track? The dim lighting can be a little tough sometimes. Can't wait to see more of your work!

Oh man, I agree actually! Being able to see this in like a noon or mid-morning type setting would be amazing. I have to say though, the feeling of this track being late afternoon feels really awesome. But it does strain my eyes a little bit :)

I still also wish the deformation was more evident. I still can't really tell if I'm making any deformation after quite a few laps. But otherwise, this is probably my favorite track. Some of the craziest flow and very interesting sections. I love this thing!!

Absolution

Quote from: CSchmied986 on March 17, 2021, 09:51:38 PMOne thing, would it be possible to release a mid-day version of this track? The dim lighting can be a little tough sometimes.
+1 on this for sure. The lighting hurts the fun more than it helps. Just my opinion.

Saltucius

Quote from: NoKnownThrone on March 19, 2021, 08:03:19 PMI still also wish the deformation was more evident. I still can't really tell if I'm making any deformation after quite a few laps. But otherwise, this is probably my favorite track. Some of the craziest flow and very interesting sections. I love this thing!!

This is my exact same stance. The track is great, I was in an online session on it and ran out of gas twice without even realizing I was playing that long. But even riding that many laps in a lobby that consistently had 3-5 other people, the deformation was only barely visible in a few spots, and it didn't feel like it had that much of an effect physically. Not to take away from the track by any means, but more deformation would definitely take it to the next level.

JV

Thank guys! Since the track is so big the deformation and on 2k height map it gets very lowres/choppy and just not very interesting. It's some in there but not much for that particular reason.

CBL Gaming

Any chance of a lighting update? You can't see the track half of the lap quite annoying