• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:24:38 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Wish List for MX Bikes

Started by Motoboss, February 06, 2014, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DD

MotoRogers499

Heres a wish: no 3rd person. I dont care how many people want it, if its a simulator, you shouldnt have the choice of a 3rd person view. If you use 3rd person in other simulators, suck it up and learn 1st person for MXB.
Let the hate begin.

22Ryann

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 04, 2014, 11:08:05 PM
Heres a wish: no 3rd person. I dont care how many people want it, if its a simulator, you shouldnt have the choice of a 3rd person view. If you use 3rd person in other simulators, suck it up and learn 1st person for MXB.
Let the hate begin.

Silly idea considering it's simply a camera view with no detriment to actual game play. I play solely in 3rd person.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: 22Ryann on March 04, 2014, 11:11:38 PM
Let the hate begin.

Silly idea considering it's simply a camera view with no detriment to actual game play. I play solely in 3rd person.

Its a simulator, you don't have a screen infront of you on a dirtbike irl showing live footage of a gopro on a pole mounted from your sub-frame and out 30 feet. Although it would be cool, wait..no it wouldnt.
I hear you though, I used to use 3rd person in all simulation games for a long time. Very hard when i switched over to 1st person. Both views have their pros an cons, but you shouldnt be given an option for those pros and cons. in mxs, riding 1st person feels...right. Sure you see things in 3rd person that you dont see in 1st, but that means you are seeing things you don't see irl too. I dont even think we should be able to adjust the 1st person cam settings either, just a helmet cam and a chest cam. This way, everyone runs the same thing. So nobody can complain with disadvantages/advantages and no kids asking for your view settings/if you ride 1st or 3rd, etc etc. Because I have noticed, each little tweak of the view makes a HUGE difference. But of course you always sacrifice something. good for bad, bad for good. But it wouldnt matter, if we all had the same thing, it would be simpler. AND more realistic if you ask me. Maybe if you were a cyborg you could alter your field of view or something when riding irl, other than that, come on..

Motoboss

Let the hate begin.
You sir can suck it... Here we go with more frustrating than fun I dont ride nothing but 3rd person ..there has not been a 1st person view made yet that I can ride and know exactly what the bike is doing....So a big NO thanks for that...No offense
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

moto28

No need to fear i am here  8)

It actually dosnt really affect me. If someone wants to ride 3rd person so be it. However it would be nice if you could use a button to turn your head around and look behind you instead of having the advantage of 3rd person of being able to see somewhat behind you. I think you should be able to have the option to look back in 1st person but in 3rd no because it should be a disadvantage to not be realistic. Not us encouraging it because it will eventually escalate and become just a arcade game and lose its touch. Just a thought!

MotoRogers499

March 04, 2014, 11:41:26 PM #66 Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 06:26:03 PM by MotoRogers499
Quote from: Motoboss on March 04, 2014, 11:31:44 PM
You sir can suck it.....No offense
xD
But seriously, i agree with you that it is hard to simulate a 1st person view properly. The helmet came preview in piboso's video looks promising though. We will have to see.
I still can't play 3rd person. Doesnt feel right in a simulator. Dont care what anybody else does, I like simulators to be as realistic as possible. And if that means the screen shaking vigorously until my head hurts and my eyes are bloodshot, so be it.
Don't hold my word for it though. Have you ever tried Mx vs Atv alives helmet cam? Its a JOKE!
(dont judge, #MxVsAtvSwag)
arcade games be fun man.

New Topic: How hard do you think it would be to have leaning and steering in MXB? Like mx vs atv reflex, alive...
But a simulator. MXS was all countersteer, no side to side weight shift, or squatting on the seat edge, etc... Of course this is probably impossible to simulate and be able to control everything properly.

giopanda

as it has been said many many times, if you want to have a general idea of how the game will be, just download the demo (or buy the full version) of gpbikes.
in gpbikes there's the possibility to look back, so i don't see why it should be removed from mxbikes :D
that being said, i don't understand people playing any kind of simulator not in first person, but i respect them, so why not make them happy?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

I hope there will be a 3rd person cam. I love sims and get the 1st person thing, but I like to see myself throwing the bike around  8)

MotoRogers499

Quote from: TheFatController on March 05, 2014, 12:06:21 AM
I hope there will be a 3rd person cam. I love sims and get the 1st person thing, but I like to see myself throwing the bike around  8)

MotoRogers499

March 05, 2014, 01:00:54 AM #71 Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 01:42:28 AM by MotoRogers499
Quote from: TheFatController on March 05, 2014, 12:27:51 AM
Exactly ;)
Yes, but using the videos PiBoso posted as a reference, in-air movements are looking pretty limited.
They said they are working on it though

DD

Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 05, 2014, 12:00:49 AM
DP, new topic too. How hard do you think it would be to have leaning and steering in MXB? Like mx vs atv reflex, alive...
But a simulator. MXS was all countersteer, no side to side weight shift, or squatting on the seat edge, etc... Of course this is probably impossible to simulate and be able to control everything properly.
This is what I want. I need a way to move the rider side to side.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: DD on March 05, 2014, 01:37:15 AM
Quote from: MotoRogers499 on March 05, 2014, 12:00:49 AM
DP, new topic too. How hard do you think it would be to have leaning and steering in MXB? Like mx vs atv reflex, alive...
This is what I want. I need a way to move the rider side to side.

Now that ive thought about it some more, it wouldnt be completely impossible. It would just take some time to get used to switching from one stick use to two sticks. In MXS I do steer, and lean f/b all on one stick. I would probably change lean f/b to the other stick, along with the lean s/s, and keep counter steer on the left stick.

DD

I would still want to use one stick, personally.