• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:13:46 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Wish List for MX Bikes

Started by Motoboss, February 06, 2014, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snappe

Personally I'm not really into this whole separating the bike and rider left/right leaning. So this is the way that MXvATV does it but it feels a bit gimmicky to me, and overcomplex.

My current control layout in MXB is:

Left Bumper : Shift Down
Left Trigger : Sit
Right Bumper : Shift Up
Right Trigger : Front Brake
Left Stick Up / Down : Rider lean F / B
Left Stick Left / Right : Bike + Rider lean L / R
Right Stick Up : Throttle
Right Stick Down : Rear Brake

I'm using auto clutch, but if I use manual clutch it goes in place of the sit control on the left trigger.
My thinking is that the triggers on the gamepad are a bit similar to the levers on the handlebars so clutch left and front brake right.

Arvoss

Quote from: Snappe on February 07, 2014, 02:31:14 PM

This is perfect I think :D

ryanmx25

It's good that you can Choose between combined or separate though. I'd prefer all combined.

wattdigger

I prefer two sticks, but as long as you can throw gnarly whips I dont care too much about my controller setup

acr21

Quote from: Snappe link=topic=4I used .msg803#msg803 date=1391779874
Personally I'm not really into this whole separating the bike and rider left/right leaning. So this is the way that MXvATV does it but it feels a bit gimmicky to me, and overcomplex.

I'm using auto clutch, but if I use manual clutch it goes in place of the sit control on the left trigger.
My thinking is that the triggers on the gamepad are a bit similar to the levers on the handlebars so clutch left and front brake right.

That is the exact control layout I used for MXS. Works well.

giopanda

so hello everyone!
after stumbling into the video on youtube here i am, eager to see how this simulator evolves!
i've never bought any of piboso's game (honest, not a big fan of asphalt) but i downloaded all the demos and always being blown away from the simulation level such a small team has been able to reach, so i know this is going to be just as good..at least.

i've seen the video many times and i must say it really looks good.
coming from years of mx simulator it already has everything that other games still miss, like rider animation, dynamic shadows and most of all i can tell it looks like more fun.

so here's my wishlist:

• first and foremost challenging gameplay
    i think the best compromise would be like 75% mxsim and 25% the other mx games.
    if you ever played mxsim you are familiar with the frustration, the anger that the game generates, being the physics engine so extreme there are situations that are completely unpredictable and out of control, and the lack of some very needed aids make that game hell if you don't practice everyday, like you're a pro in real life.
    my idea of what the game could be can be summed as "easy to learn, hard to master".
    to understand what i mean you should play richard burns rally, the best rally simulator ever made, 12 years old and still going great despite being a total pain in the butt to mod.
    after completing the rally school you know how you "should" drive and you're having tons of fun being the physics super realistic, but from there to being actually good and having competitive times is almost like real life, you need to practice practice practice, and i like it.
    so being able to throw some laptimes after 30 minutes would be stimulating instead of spending days trying to understand how the bike reacts that way for no reason like in mxsim..and still not understanding it after like 5 years..
    same goes with bike collisions..mxsimulator is completely and unreasonably unforgiving
  • online alias / rider customization
    since this will be online only (if you want to race others) i'd like to be able to have my alias rider to be locked with my account, so visiting a player profile you can see his riding hours, laptimes, hours spent on a certain track and so on..get my point?
    being able to set height and weight would be great, because as i see in the video, the rider weight has impact on the bike and the overall physics (when he sits for the turn you can see the rear shock compressing due to weight)
    yes you will tell me people will try to cheat and gives they're rider the lowest weight possible to be faster..i know there are cheaters everywhere..and being lightweight isn't always a plus.
  • related to my last one, customizable neutral position
    being able to set my neutral position would affect gameplay and bike handling, and will make the rider a bit more human too..
    let's say i want my rider standing up straight and leaning on the bars because that's how i ride my bike in real life, or i want him to be always on his heels with arms straight and sitting on the rear fender..so i know when i need to rest my fingers for half a second i don't have to worry that the rider will assume a standard neutral position
  • weather
    i'm not asking for dynamic weather..or maybe yes, all i'd like to see are different weather conditions.
    i know they're already present in other piboso's simulations, but i don't know how it will be integrated in this game being the first that doesn't just have dry asphalt/wet asphalt but should have dry and wet hard packed dirt, loamy dirt, sand, gravel etc..
    having it dynamic would be super..and maybe having elevation above sea level taken into account would be top.
  • practice servers / racing servers
    as i said i've never played a complete piboso game, so this might be already implemented.
    what i always disliked about mxsimulator is the fact that riding online only meant racing.
    i think it would be nice to have servers where you connect and you start from the pit area, no need to wait for the previous race to end, you just log in and go like free practice with everyone else, so you can set up your bike, test setups 'racing' others etc..like going to a race track in real life, there's not just races.
  • modding responsably
    what i really don't want to see is the ability to mod physics or bike datas.not much to add.
so here's my list, sorry if i've been long but i wanted to explain my thoughts, and maybe starting a constructive discussion from it.
of course i quote everything being said till now: dual sticks, customizable hud, user friendly track editing (i've a lot of stuff ready to be converted from mxsim) and last but not least,
ghost rider!
yes it is really needed..or at least the ability to load a previously saved offline session and race against it.

p.s. hi to all the people who know me from the other sim forum, glad to see you're all here! :)

Motoboss

Hey Gio! Great to see you ... great suggestions
Ive heard they have said that there will be weather in the game .I also cant wait to see this in action.
I do like what your saying about neutral position but i hope the settings don't get out of hand like in Mx Sim ..The advanced stability is just ridiculous
I really love the settings simplicity of Gp Bikes and kart racing.. Its quick, understandable and does the job ...also the ability to go in and out of game really fast when adjusting settings..
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

Arvoss

February 07, 2014, 04:29:14 PM #22 Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 07:42:20 PM by Arvoss
Quoted giopanda ;)

• first and foremost challenging gameplay
    In GP Bikes it took me +- 1 week to understand the physics. After that the game is really fun and addicting! You always want to go faster and faster! :D I expect the same with MX Bikes. Couple of settings that you will be able to change in the garage. In GP Bikes the default settings is decent for each track so you don't have to be an engineer to be fast.
  • online alias / rider customization
    In GP Bikes you have a fixed ID (GUID) but you can make as much online profiles as you want on that ID. Each with a different name. Stats like that would be nice. :D On GP Bikes we have the records for each track and category. (http://stats.gp-bikes.com/records.php). We have hotlap events with more stats: laps on track, theoretical best time, highest speed,...
    Changing height and weight is useless imo. As you said: cheaters are everywhere, even if they can only win 0.001 seconds :P
  • weather
    In GP Bikes, WRS and KRP you have indeed dynamic weather. A wet track drys after a couple of hours (if it doesn't rain) and you will see your racing line. I hope this will be the same in MX Bikes :D
  • practice servers / racing servers
    The servers are hosted by the players. You can host whatever you want in GP Bikes. This will probally be the same in MX Bikes. You can disable polls so that players can't vote to do a race for example. Just set practice to x minutes ;)
    There are 'hotlap' servers too where you have to try to have the fastest time on a track :D

Ruubs

February 07, 2014, 04:32:28 PM #23 Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 04:36:53 PM by Sandbiter
Hello Gio, nice to see you around! I guess you know me from MX Sim.
Like Motoboss said, weather will be implemented as Piboso and Panne have confirmed.
The nutural position suggestion is awesome, but I agree with Motoboss that it shouldn't be too advanced, it would be cool to have just one slider where you can put your rider's weight more on the front, or the back of the bike.
I LOVE the practice server idea. I'm sick of waiting 10 laps and then another 10 minutes before a restart happens. I practice server won't have this, and it will be very cool to ride into the pits and make small changed on the bike setup. Once again, this is an AWESOME idea!
Modding will include physics and bike datas (as far as I know). BUT, a server will only suport the physics which are enabled on that server. I'm not sure it will be able to enable multiple physics in one server though. I would love to know this.

----

I just read Arvoss's post.
So about the multiple accounts. Will I be able to play together with my brother, once I bought one key (downloading the game on two computers and then use different profiles)?
The practice servers are great, I absolutly love that, just like I said above^.

I can't wait for this game anymore, everything sounds perfect!

GDUBMX

Great ideas Gio. Would love to see these implemented within the game, Would be cool to start out in the pits on a practice session. maybe under a tent next to a van lol. I also think MXB should feature  a pitboard similar to MXSim that would be cool. Im anxious to see what we got installed for us, would be cool to see a new video soon. especially after that MXGP one which was released today, it looks fun but still seems a bit "clumpy?"
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

Arvoss

Quote from: Sandbiter on February 07, 2014, 04:32:28 PM
So about the multiple accounts. Will I be able to play together with my brother, once I bought one key (downloading the game on two computers and then use different profiles)?

You won't be able to play on 2 different PC's with 1 key at the same time. You'll have to buy 2 keys to play together... :/ But on 1 pc you can have a profile for you and a profile for your brother ;)

giopanda

Quote from: Motoboss on February 07, 2014, 04:24:57 PMI do like what your saying about neutral position but i hope the settings don't get out of hand like in Mx Sim ..The advanced stability is just ridiculous

please no i don't want to even think about that menu! :D

thanx Arvoss for the answers, yes i was thinking about something like that as a player profile..don't really understand the need of having different rider profiles but whatever
rider height and weight is just a wild idea that i had..but at least a bit of customization in the rider's stance would be useful.
dynamic weather would be a dream..would just be awesome to ride the track while the terrain is changing, so that you have to change riding style based on how the bike reacts..let alone when implemented with terrain deformation..  8)

bearded4glory

Quote from: Snappe on February 07, 2014, 02:31:14 PM

I think this setup will be good, one thing that might be interesting to have the option to try would be to allow the right stick (L/R) to act in addition to the left stick (L/R) for rider L/R.  So it would basically be additive so if the left stick is all the way left but the right stick is half way right then the rider would be half way to the left if that makes sense.

AWood

I dont think youll be able to thrw good whips with bike and rider on same stick

Snappe

MX Simulator has bike and rider on same stick... No problems with whips there.