• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:03:28 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Wish List for MX Bikes

Started by Motoboss, February 06, 2014, 05:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruubs

Quote from: Snappe on February 07, 2014, 11:41:36 PM
MX Simulator has bike and rider on same stick... No problems with whips there.
Nono. I use left stick for bike (left/right), and I use right stick for the rider (front/back).

ryanmx25

Quote from: Sandbiter on February 07, 2014, 11:44:23 PM
Nono. I use left stick for bike (left/right), and I use right stick for the rider (front/back).
Thats not the same.. in GP bikes you can lean left/right with the rider and bike separate. Not the same as sim.

acr21

Snappe, are whips possible in the current build of MXB?

Motoboss

How about a 5 second video of just a whip...We beg you  :-X
Appreciate my hard work? Buy me a beer or at least take the time to like my Facebook page...Hit the button below
https://www.paypal.me/Motoboss
Check out my Facebook Page

DD

Quote from: Snappe on February 07, 2014, 02:31:14 PM
Personally I'm not really into this whole separating the bike and rider left/right leaning. So this is the way that MXvATV does it but it feels a bit gimmicky to me, and overcomplex.

My current control layout in MXB is:

Left Bumper : Shift Down
Left Trigger : Sit
Right Bumper : Shift Up
Right Trigger : Front Brake
Left Stick Up / Down : Rider lean F / B
Left Stick Left / Right : Bike + Rider lean L / R
Right Stick Up : Throttle
Right Stick Down : Rear Brake

I'm using auto clutch, but if I use manual clutch it goes in place of the sit control on the left trigger.
My thinking is that the triggers on the gamepad are a bit similar to the levers on the handlebars so clutch left and front brake right.

I'm really glad you said this. I was under the impression that it would be necessary to separate the bike and rider leaning/turning. I will most likely run a similar controller set up to what you have posted. That is actually what I originally played MXS with.

Ruubs

Quote from: ryanmx25 on February 08, 2014, 01:32:59 AM
Quote from: Sandbiter on February 07, 2014, 11:44:23 PM
Thats not the same.. in GP bikes you can lean left/right with the rider and bike separate. Not the same as sim.
I thought he meant in mx simulator that rider and bike were on the same stick. That isn't true, because you can change it.  ;D

DD

It's half true. In MXS you're basically playing as the bike. The only rider input you have is forward and backward leaning.

ChrisK

Mace-x

actually oculus support would be something really amazing, imagine racing online with it, omg!  :)

robos

track ir support for everyone thats serious about gaming :D

MX181

Hopefully we can have 40 man gates

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

Pr0D1g10

Can edit your own clothes on photoshop or whatever graphics programs, i mean, add a name or logos like dc, monster...

MX181

Quote from: Pr0D1g10 on February 11, 2014, 05:33:48 AM
Can edit your own clothes on photoshop or whatever graphics programs, i mean, add a name or logos like dc, monster...

this will definetly be possible

Live by the YOLO - UID #2

moto28

My Wish List
-As Said Before Engine wear would be neat. Especially repairing them before races etc.
-Possible For your bike to die and have to kick start it would be cool aswell
-Easy Way for making Tracks ( So you can have large organized events like RaceFactory Gaming Etc. )
-Multi Button Use
-Maybe a Stock/Modified class? Maybe a way you can Modify your own motor or get someone else to for you.
-Clutch Lever Movement
-Interchangable Bike parts. Ex. Renthal Handlebars, Handguards/No hanguards, and things like that.
-Last wish is to get hands on that tasty alpha  :P would be nice though to release to a few people who can tell you where it needs improvement and further tips for the BIG release

I understand this list may be unbelievably complicated. Just brainstorming!
Would be nice for another video soon too :)

HornetMaX

Quote from: AWood on February 06, 2014, 11:53:30 PM
I'll try this. But you're still using your rear brake on a button which must lock it up right? And MX bikes I'm guessing rider lean has to be controlled by the rider or else how would you whip? That's the most important thing to me if you can't whip and scrub I doubt I'll play the game very long.
Many do this in GPB:

Throttle/Front brake: left/right front triggers
Lean: left stick left/right
Rear brake: right stick down
Clutch: right stick up
Gear up/down: shoulders buttons

All are analog (except gears) and lean is on a "dedicated" stick.
If you need manual rider movements (which 99.9% of gpb players do not use, but it may be more important in MXB) then it gets complicate.
The "logical" setup would be one stick for rider movements (forward/backward, left/right) and lean + clutch and rear brake on the other stick.

But then, you'll have to wait what MXB has in terms of controls, how good are the "auto" options etc.

MaX.