• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:23:04 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Stuck at 24 FPS [Updated solve for newest nvidia driver]

Started by Its_Dave, April 10, 2021, 12:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Its_Dave

Hello,

When I set the game to 2560x1440 144hz fullscreen or borderless it gets stuck at 24 FPS. When I set it to windowed mode I can get my normal 100+ FPS. Running a 7700k & 1080ti with windows version 20H2.

The game worked fine for the previous few months, but I wiped my PC yesterday. Ever since I wiped my PC I've been having this issue. I've googled the issue, but nothing I found solved the problem. If anyone has possible solutions please drop them here. Would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

teeds

Try deleting your montior in device manager, reboot and then if drivers are available for it use them. Could also re-install GPU drivers and do a clean install, ie reset all its settings.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Its_Dave

Unfortunately these did not solve my issue. I appreciate the help though.

teeds

Tried setting your max refresh rate lower, like 90 or 60? Also is it the same in full screen mode?
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

brems294

hi, i have the same problem as you .. if you find a solution i'm a taker.

Its_Dave

I figured out a solution.

I uninstalled the brand new nvidia driver and my computer defaulted back to an old driver from 2017. I'm assuming it did this because my pc was pre-built by origin back in 2017 and this must've been the original nvidia driver they installed on it.

Now my MX bikes runs fine at 2556x1440 with the refresh rate set to 144hz in fullscreen mode.

(Sidenote: Playing in windowed mode may potentially be a good training tool? The game felt like it had delay which made it feel slower while in windowed. But I adapted and got back to the normal speed I had before this issue began. When I got back to fullscreen everything felt faster/smoother with no delay. So I felt like I could go faster than before, and I have. I set a 1.18.2 on Walnut when my previous fastest was 1.19.6. I don't have any other data as that's the only track I've played since I got this fixed. Nothing important to refresh rate issue, just a little trick on the brain that I found interesting.)

PizzaChet

What if you just hit Alt-Tab in windowed mode?
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Its_Dave

I disabled shadowplay and this immediately fixed the issue with the newest driver 466.11 installed.

To disable shadowplay: Open Geforce Experience/Go to settings and scroll down/Disable the Share feature