• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:28:30 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Track editing

Started by pulse, January 31, 2014, 02:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DD

Oh okay, I gotcha. Yea our discussions will definitely be taken into consideration, which is the best thing about these small development teams!

LauZzZn

I still dont get it why you change the creation method. I liked the method for krp,wrs and gpb

paints
mods
tracks

PiBoSo

February 14, 2014, 02:16:23 AM #107 Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 11:11:56 AM by PiBoSo
Quote from: LauZzZn on February 13, 2014, 06:14:08 PM
I still dont get it why you change the creation method. I liked the method for krp,wrs and gpb

Heightmaps are better suited for this kind of tracks, and overall much easier to create.

bearded4glory

Its also quite easy to convert a mesh to a heightmap, I have done it by applying a planar map from one of the sides with a gradient as a texture.  Then simply bake from a plane above the track and boom you have a heightmap.

Ruubs

Worked on this while back. Made it all in one day. (the farm model isn't my own model, I just wanted to see how it looked.
Everything is done in Photoshop, except the render, that's done in 3DS Max.

Once again, I didn't take a lot of time to make this, I can do better.

MotoRogers499

Quote from: Sandbiter on March 07, 2014, 02:33:06 PM
Worked on this while back. Made it all in one day. (the farm model isn't my own model, I just wanted to see how it looked.
Everything is done in Photoshop, except the render, that's done in 3DS Max.

Once again, I didn't take a lot of time to make this, I can do better.

Looks really good Sandbiter! Has that home track vibe, with the grass on top of the jumps etc.