• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:44:19 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Will mx bikes ever be on console?

Started by Imlaazy, April 01, 2021, 06:41:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imlaazy

This is just a general topic to discuss on for the highs and lows of what could be and what can't be. My question is will mx bikes ever be on console? Tell me why it should or why it shouldn't. Discuss about how the game could have mods be downloaded onto console or why they can't let me know what you think. Is it even possible?

UselessRobot

maybe but if it did it would be a long time from now.

Some_Doofus

I highly doubt it. It would be incredibly difficult to get proper mod support on consoles (even a massive game studio like Bethesda can't do it very well) and without mods the game would not be much fun for long. Add onto that the difficulty of having to port and optimise the game for multiple consoles with different hardware and software environments which Pibs has never done before afaik, as well as still developing the game and his 3 other games at the same time, I don't see how it would be possible or worth the extra time and effort. Besides, console players are more likely to want an arcade style game over a simulator. Most sims and sim players are on PC because sims work best on PC. If games like rFactor or iRacing don't get a port to consoles even with much bigger teams and player bases I can't see Bikes ever getting a port.

sardaham

November 10, 2021, 12:02:11 PM #3 Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 10:27:31 AM by sardaham
It would have been nice to bring the game to consoles. I've always been more comfortable playing on a controller. In general, there is still much work to be done on consoles as gaming stations. I think that in the future we should give up the computer as a gaming device. We have to make it clear that the computer is for work and the console is for gaming. That would encourage game developers to create new mechanics and introduce new features. Also, on consoles, I miss making money from in-game items, like in CS. I go to https://skincashier.com/ and sell some skin. Maybe I could be wrong, and it's already available, but I just haven't heard about it.

MotoBro210

Quote from: sardaham on November 10, 2021, 12:02:11 PMIt would have been nice to bring the game to consoles. I've always been more comfortable playing on a controller.

You can still play on a controll but might not be be put on console as very mod dependent but if it is will be a while down the line as it is still a beta

PizzaChet

The one good thing I see about consoles is that complete idiots who can't understand a PC would be able to play MX Bikes.  :P
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

Midbeck

Quote from: PizzaChet on November 10, 2021, 05:56:25 PMThe one good thing I see about consoles is that complete idiots who can't understand a PC would be able to play MX Bikes.  :P
They would find a way to fuck it up on a console as well ;)
#DirtyEuro