• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:14:09 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Faenza WIP - Feedback Welcome

Started by ros, August 09, 2021, 09:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ros

Hi Guys,
I'm trying to make a replica of Faenza MXGP track and I will be glad if you can give me some feedback about it.

I know there is still a lot of work for texturing, objects placements and making the track more realistic but I would like to adjust the heightmap if necessary before committing too much on this.

Here are videos presenting the track and the link to download below.

Download Link (GDrive)

Hope you'll enjoy it !!

Azerty

first of all your track is really good we see that you spent time on it to make it as realistic as possible. afterwards I like to test with a big deformation and the concern is that we do not see the traces that have made, suddenly we can hardly see our own deformation to see if you want to change it or not. ;)

JV

Thanks for the 1st person vid, much easier to judge the track :) As far as heightmap goes it's pretty good I think! I would change the textures to be more brownish and add some bluegroove/light ruts in there to break up the uniformity of the track texture rather than the more orange/clay you got now.

Also I'm wondering if you're riding with v-sync turned on? If that's the case I'm a but curious why the fps rate is going up and down so much? should be very stable around 59-60 fps when using vsync unless you're getting a lag-spot or something.

ros

Quote from: Azerty on August 10, 2021, 12:16:52 PMfirst of all your track is really good we see that you spent time on it to make it as realistic as possible. afterwards I like to test with a big deformation and the concern is that we do not see the traces that have made, suddenly we can hardly see our own deformation to see if you want to change it or not. ;)

Thanks a lot for your feedback. That's a good remark. Seems my last update on masks and layers has affected the deformation, but I was so focused on the trees and the banners in my last tests that I didn't even realize that :D. I will take a look on this.

ros

Quote from: JV on August 10, 2021, 01:12:36 PMThanks for the 1st person vid, much easier to judge the track :) As far as heightmap goes it's pretty good I think! I would change the textures to be more brownish and add some bluegroove/light ruts in there to break up the uniformity of the track texture rather than the more orange/clay you got now.

Also I'm wondering if you're riding with v-sync turned on? If that's the case I'm a but curious why the fps rate is going up and down so much? should be very stable around 59-60 fps when using vsync unless you're getting a lag-spot or something.

Thanks a lot for your feedback.
That's a shame because forgot to disable Re-Shade effect when taking the videos, so saturation is a little bit more high than it should. In the other hand, the color of the track seems very "orange" in some videos I used for making the track. And in some others it's more brown. So it's still hard to find the good balance for me but that's clearly too saturated so I will continue to work on this.
I have to admit that I don't know what is the best configuration for testing but I guess it's the "RAW" output without any post-processing effect.

I agree about the uniformity of the track and that's my next step on my todo list :) I was thinking about making some noise effect, for ruts of the track, from gimp (2D), and then applying this noise on the heightmap as well as using it as a mask so the textures match with the "real edges" of the terrain. I don't know if that makes sense, but I will make some experimentation.

BTW congratulations for the beautiful tracks you made. I'm still not good enough to ride them decently  ;)  but I really appreciate the quality of your work and that was a good inspiration for me.

And about the FPS, nothing to worry about, that's only some experimentation I'm doing with my 3D card driver, but thanks anyway  ;)