• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:41:49 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Some Tips for your braking setups.

Started by Magicalfarty, September 21, 2021, 06:12:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicalfarty

Hey Guys I Hope you are having a wonderful day and this will make your day even better!
I have spent a few hours playing around with my setup in the settings menu in Input menu.
I will be explaining brakes but will also tell you what everything means in the menu in the top right corner of setting > Input

When braking use the left trigger on your gamepad for brake not rear brake. Always use combined Brakes and these settings for CB.
Min: 5%
Max: 50%

Here's my braking setup.
Brake
Dead zone: 0%
Linearity 200%
Smooth On
Press: 75%
Release: 65%
Gain: 76.8%

Rear Brake:
Dead zone: 0%
Linearity 81%
Smooth On
Press: 93%
Release: 42%
Gain: 50%

I also use brake help. Helps a lot with bike control

Now Let me explain a few things about the nice little Drop down box in the top right corner of setting > Input

Always press the smooth button it unlocks you to adjust your press and release.

Press is how fast or slow when you press a button or use something linear on your controller how fast it will get from 0 to 100 or the amount you have assigned for the game to register. The more left you go on the slider the more fast and direct it is the more right you go the more smooth/slow and not direct it is.

Release is how fast or slow when you release a button or use something linear on your controller how fast it will get from 0 to 100 or the amount you have assigned for the game to register. The more left you go on the slider the more fast and direct it is the more right you go the more smooth/slow and not direct it is.

Gain Is the Opposite of The dead zone so the more left you go the less you can use the trigger limiting you. the more right you go the more you will have of that trigger

Linearity 100 Means Direct control so if you turn your trigger left it will turn the trigger left exactly on the point you have inputted. Moving the slider the the left will give you more precision in the first 0% to 20% of moving the trigger than to the 21% to 100%. The more Right you turn the Slider The more Precision you have from the 80% to 100% of pressing the trigger for turning and Throttle always recommend 100. but on brakes and other stuff always change it.

Dead zone is the Percentage from 0% to the assigned number % Is rendered useless so if there is a input in that range it will not pick it up this is used for Stick Drift

Hope you liked these tips and if you find errors please Tell me them in the Comments. :)