• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:45:31 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MXB Mod Folder Change

Started by Doom, October 24, 2021, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doom

Hello all,

I have came accross a issue with MXB and the mods taking up a lot of space once you have a bunch of tracks and bikes and skins. If you have an external drive, you can change the location of your mods folder easily. Just follow the steps below

1. Go on the said external drive and make a folder called "MX Bikes"
2. Go to Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes and select the current mods folder then press Ctrl + c
3. Go to the "MX Bikes" folder that you made in step one then copy the mods folder there
4. Go back into Documents\PiBoSo\MX Bikes and open the "global.ini"
5. Paste this 1 line below what is already in there

[mods]
folder=D:\MX Bikes\mods

If you are using a E drive or whatever then just change the D to said letter. And then you're all set. Enjoy :)

I had trouble with this but figured it out and thought I might share it to help some other people out. Bye bye
Doom :)

iNsane

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Lewis4343

Thank you this was very helpful as I was looking for a way to do this but all the explanations I got were very complex

Lewis4343

Just a quick question after you do this do you then delete the original mods folder with the mods in or should you leave it as it was

Doom

October 25, 2021, 10:31:35 PM #4 Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 10:34:06 PM by Doom Reason: fixing error
Quote from: Lewis4343 on October 25, 2021, 05:59:58 PMJust a quick question after you do this do you then delete the original mods folder with the mods in or should you leave it as it was

I personally deleted it but it would be better to back it up

Doom

Quote from: Lewis4343 on October 25, 2021, 05:44:12 PMThank you this was very helpful as I was looking for a way to do this but all the explanations I got were very complex

yes, i looked at the main post for the global.ini editing but it was confusing for me so i wanted to help other people out!

Doom

Quote from: iNsane on October 24, 2021, 10:14:19 PMhttp://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=198.msg35071#msg35071

I did see this, however, I saw it as pretty confusing so I made a more detailed post on that specific topic. Thanks