• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 06:43:29 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Supercross Track by rc4187

Started by rc4187, December 20, 2014, 09:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rc4187

December 20, 2014, 09:00:27 PM Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 02:58:24 AM by rc4187
New Edit: Download Link Here: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=540.0

Old Edit 2: Updated Textures, Track soil type, New models added
For setup I recommend going up a few teeth on the read sprocket and maybe down a few on the front. Also helps to stiffen up the front end. Good luck.

Hope to catch you guys online sometime.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aqIFcYSXpw&feature=youtu.be

Old Edit:
Got it far enough along that I "think" I want some people to test it for feedback. Just know that you will crash a lot at first I'm sure.

Old Post:
Guess I'll start a new topic for this one since I'm getting kinda far along on it. Supercross tracks are very difficult, but when you nail the rhythm sections it's pretty satisfying. I'll get a version up for everyone to test soon. Here's what I have so far. Track textures are not final... well I guess nothing is final for that matter. The tough blocks are a little big in size right now... and I made very few of them since starting out you will go off the track a lot. Starting gates are also temporarily placed. Pits are through the stadium tunnel... Not much detail inside there yet. Not exactly sure how far I'll take it either. Suppose I'll need some feedback for that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BufIw4ANZoA&feature=youtu.be

GDUBMX

Holy shat! Amazing Rc. Can't wait to rip this badboy.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Great work man, looking really strong. Looking like this will be the first SX release, unless Snappe beats you to it, so good job!

Really wanna get some laps in on this!

GDUBMX

Quote from: TheFatController on December 20, 2014, 09:55:17 PM
Great work man, looking really strong. Looking like this will be the first SX release, unless Snappe beats you to it, so good job!

Really wanna get some laps in on this!

Snappe confirmed in a PM to me a while back that his track will be in Beta 3. :) we all need to jump on a server with this one defo!

PizzaChet

I can't even ride Test Track very well and I'm scared of SX still. lol. Is it possible to make an indoor track that climbs the stairs and goes underneath the stadium? Like L.A. Coliseum or Las Vegas? Check this old SX in Rotterdam. Helmet cam at 4:15...http://youtu.be/NOHqY-R-4x8
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

rc4187

Quote from: PizzaChet on December 20, 2014, 10:33:29 PM
I can't even ride Test Track very well and I'm scared of SX still. lol. Is it possible to make an indoor track that climbs the stairs and goes underneath the stadium? Like L.A. Coliseum or Las Vegas? Check this old SX in Rotterdam. Helmet cam at 4:15...http://youtu.be/NOHqY-R-4x8

Definitely possible

rc4187

Added track download to original post. ^^^

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Nice.. not going to be able to test it out till later :(

onlyonetone

GDUBMX

Lol yup, supercross still isn't all that doable for me with the current physics. Everything seems spot on except it might be me but your textures are super blurry, almost like a x45 Gaussian blur on them which as geo once said disconnects you from the track.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

It's just using a base texture of the entire track repeated once, rather than mud texture repeated 50 times with a mask, so it shouldn't have any bearing on how the track handles... but it does seem SUPER slippy!

RC what track surface are you running on this track? i.e soil? compact soil? (I can't remember what they all are)

It is fun though, I've nailed the lines a couple of times and it's super satisfying when you do! It's just keeping it consistent. I definitely think from this example that SX is doable, just hard as balls lol

rc4187

Material is soil. Right now for track textures... all I have is 1 texture  with 1 repetition as said. I haven't gotten all that into shaders yet. The friction of the track doesn't feel any different to me than other tracks... but I have done about a million laps on it, so I'm probably not the best to judge that. I'll work on it a little later today and see what I can do. Is there a surface that you guys feel would work better?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Might be worth trying compact soil, as I said I forget if it is compact soil or compactsoil or whatever, I think Snappe or PiB put a list up a while back.

I have the same problem. I sit putting down hundreds of laps on a track I'm working on and expect people to be able to run the same lines!

Saying that, it does demonstrate that with enough practice and learning, the track can be ridden in the way you demonstrate, which is one reason I like putting up videos of laps as you have done.

Ehm24

Why take the link down? Just keep posting the updated links so that people can see the progression.

PizzaChet

Quote from: rc4187 on December 20, 2014, 09:00:27 PMJust know that you will crash a lot at first I'm sure.
You know me so well already lol! Nice track, the riding in the video makes it look so easy.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.