• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 05:03:59 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Object Faces Issues

Started by kawirider276, November 12, 2021, 09:14:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawirider276

I'm having trouble getting my fence poles to work right,  I've double checked the face orientation in blender but for some reason I keep having the weird inside out effect when I load up in game.

[GH]Cody

Not sure if it would cause it, but are you triangulating before you export it out? Perhaps when MXB does it it breaks the mesh?

𝖙𝖋𝖈

FBX2EDF has never been good at this. You can merge vertices but it will just get rid of edge loops..

I had a topic here when I made my Atlas neck brace with the same problem and PiBoSo replied that FBX2EDF just isn't good at it, but he did just upload a new version which fixed something like 'small triangulation' or something so maybe it works now?

kawirider276

Gave those things a try (triangulating just gave me more split up layers in triangles ha).  Looks like I'll have to come up with some kind of work around, FBX2EDF just doesn't like what I'm trying to do lol

Resolute Kraken

It's hard to tell from just those images, but you may want to check the normal/face direction on that object in Blender.  It could be that post is inside out...you would then see through the object and the see the texture on the "inside" of the far face.

Resolute Kraken

Sorry, just saw that you checked that - but maybe it is still like that - post a screen shot of the face orientation.

kawirider276

That was what I had initially thought was the case so I spent hours a few days ago cycling back and forth, weird thing is it does basically the same thing inside or inside-out.

suzuki98

do you have a alpha in your texture

kawirider276

I do yeah, for the bottom chain link part

PiBoSo

Quote from: kawirider276 on November 17, 2021, 06:14:40 PMI do yeah, for the bottom chain link part

Please try adding the "CK_" prefix to the texture file name.

kawirider276

Quote from: PiBoSo on November 18, 2021, 11:57:16 AM
Quote from: kawirider276 on November 17, 2021, 06:14:40 PMI do yeah, for the bottom chain link part

Please try adding the "CK_" prefix to the texture file name.

OMG you are MAN!!
I also feel kinda stupid, I had seen that in another post a while back but didn't rename the texture only the object in blender.

Thank you a bunch!!
(out of curiosity what does the CK represent/stand for?)

Resolute Kraken

It stands for "Color Key".  You don't need to name your object with "CK_" only the texture.