• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:51:14 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Reset Issue

Started by teeds, January 06, 2015, 02:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

Can't find this mentioned here before. Now that I've started racing close with some others we're getting an issue where if we crash together, neither of us can reset. We have to go back to the pits to get going again, or at least one of us does. Mostly happens when someone in front crashes and while waiting for the other guy to go by gets crashed into by that guy, causing this problem. It's like both bikes are then waiting for the other to go past before allowing a reset.

Cheers   :)
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

Fangel

I can confirm this as well.

onlyonetone

I like that you can't reset until the person passes. Makes crashing actually mean something but when this bug happens its quite annoying.

Fangel

I have given the issue some thought.

When you crash by yourself, you can always reset the bike and continue. When two riders crash together, sometimes, you can't reset. Doesn't this add to the immersion? It would make sense if both had to restart from the pit, as in real life, if you two people crash at high speed, they usually get hurt. When resetting is an uncertainty, when you are battling another rider, it requires you to ride less dirty? It basically results in those headless riders not gaining anything from taking you down when they try to go faster than they can.

Just a thought.

PiBoSo

Quote from: Fangel on January 09, 2015, 10:47:35 AM
I have given the issue some thought.

When you crash by yourself, you can always reset the bike and continue. When two riders crash together, sometimes, you can't reset. Doesn't this add to the immersion? It would make sense if both had to restart from the pit, as in real life, if you two people crash at high speed, they usually get hurt. When resetting is an uncertainty, when you are battling another rider, it requires you to ride less dirty? It basically results in those headless riders not gaining anything from taking you down when they try to go faster than they can.

Just a thought.

Thank you for trying to see a bug as a feature, but this problem needs to be fixed anyway  :)

PiBoSo

Quote from: teeds on January 06, 2015, 02:33:33 PM
Can't find this mentioned here before. Now that I've started racing close with some others we're getting an issue where if we crash together, neither of us can reset. We have to go back to the pits to get going again, or at least one of us does. Mostly happens when someone in front crashes and while waiting for the other guy to go by gets crashed into by that guy, causing this problem. It's like both bikes are then waiting for the other to go past before allowing a reset.

Cheers   :)

This issue should have been solved.
The fix will be integrated in Beta3.

teeds

We'll be sure to hammer b3 upon it's release and confirm, thanks.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba