• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:33:30 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Texture problems

Started by Ole 185, December 09, 2021, 11:15:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole 185

December 09, 2021, 11:15:14 PM Last Edit: December 10, 2021, 12:38:33 AM by Ole 185
Hello i got problems with the game that the texture is shitt af started after i changed my GPU. Reinstalling the game or delleting every thing like mods or profiles ... doesn't Help
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2677853129
 I need help from a person that knows how to fix the problem

CPU: Amd Ryzen 7 3700X

GPU: Amd Radeon RX 6600 XT

Game is installed on a SSD

fridgedollar

this is an issue with the RX 6000 series gpus, there is no known fix yet unfortunately. some other guys here have the same problem

[GH]Cody

Quote from: fridgedollar on December 10, 2021, 03:43:15 PMthis is an issue with the RX 6000 series gpus, there is no known fix yet unfortunately. some other guys here have the same problem
Yep, it seems related to AMD's opengl driver for windows for these cards and it seems like something that wont be resolved for a very long time if at all unless AMD does something (doubtful) or pibs ends up using a different graphics api. Linux seems fine for other software that shares similar issues with these cards, but linux also has an open source driver for AMD thats actually cared for by misc people. I reported this over a year ago to no avail.

PizzaChet

I haven't had a Radeon card in 10 years or so. Since I depended on OpenGL for MX Sim, back when I had a Radeon I had to roll back the CCC drivers sometimes for it to work. I eventually discovered that wasn't an issue with NVidia when I switched. I remember this exact same problem on another texture some years ago(maybe rFactor dirt tracks?) and it was unique to Radeon cards.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

[GH]Cody

Quote from: PizzaChet on December 13, 2021, 01:40:50 AMI haven't had a Radeon card in 10 years or so. Since I depended on OpenGL for MX Sim, back when I had a Radeon I had to roll back the CCC drivers sometimes for it to work. I eventually discovered that wasn't an issue with NVidia when I switched. I remember this exact same problem on another texture some years ago(maybe rFactor dirt tracks?) and it was unique to Radeon cards.
Yep, AMD's windows opengl driver has some problems including software such as blender as well (goes for their workstation version as well). Hopefully pibs can gradually work on moving to vulkan but thats a pretty big undertaking. It just sucks for a group of us since we cant really even play the game much less race. I had a friend who had either a 5000 or 500 series card, when I showed him my problem he stated thats what he was having as well so it may not just be only us on the 6000 series of cards.