• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:19:40 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Rider not sitting with leg out in corner

Started by teeds, December 09, 2014, 12:01:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teeds

December 09, 2014, 12:01:32 PM Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 01:58:40 PM by teeds
While messing about in-game last night I noticed the virtual rider is somehow keeping his bum off the seat while turning and putting out his inside leg -

The pic above was taken while cornering with the inside foot off the peg and hanging forward.

I think others will back me up in saying that while cornering on anything but the most whooped out turns the rider sits down. And if the leg is out during a turn I don't think any human could keep their bum off the seat for long especially with cornering forces involved. Can't imagine this suspended torso will do much for corner stability either.
The riders bum does hit the seat while railing berms etc but the rider moving on and off the seat with one leg out seems surreal to me.
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Were you sitting or standing when taking that shot?

teeds

Standing, but in a corner with a leg out this should not make a difference.

cedric van roeyen

mine doesnt sit as long as I do not hold the sit button, enable direct sit ;)

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Quote from: teeds on December 09, 2014, 12:35:43 PM

I do agree with you, completely..

but, you do have a sit option  ;D

teeds

Quote from: cedric van roeyen on December 09, 2014, 01:47:22 PM
mine doesnt sit as long as I do not hold the sit button, enable direct sit ;)

Is there some kind of option on the default press to stand and sit toggle?

Quote from: TheFatController on December 09, 2014, 01:50:04 PM
Quote from: teeds on December 09, 2014, 12:35:43 PM

I do agree with you, completely..

but, you do have a sit option  ;D

Correct but but it's a PITA to manage and if I get out of sync have to change view to find out where my riders ass is at. It was while playing with the sit /stand option that I noticed this oddity while cornering. I'm thinking that when the leg goes out when turning automatically the virtual rider also sits automatically unless you override it.

In my mind here's the best way to implement this -
1 /. For all corners the rider auto sits, for everything else he auto stands.
2 /. What is currently the sit/stand toggle button could then be used as an override button where if he's sitting he'll stand and the opposite for sitting, once you let go it goes back the default as in point "1".

This will allow pre-loading the suspension (seat bouncing) when jumping and standing while cornering when the extra leg suspension travel is needed (with both feet on the pegs). This will give those that do not use the button nothing to worry about and give those that do a better chance of control.

teeds

OK found it right under my nose  ::) For anyone else looking, the option to alter the sit button toggle is the "Direct" tick box just under the sit button assignment, with it ticked you only sit while the button is held. Much better  :)