• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:57:12 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

USGP of Motocross @ Carlsbad Raceway

Started by F5_TORNADO, December 21, 2021, 09:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossybrah

@kawirider276...  You should be very proud of what you have created thus far, from the pics, your track looks better than majority of the tracks that are released in the community.  I have worked in 3d animation and modeling in the Film industry for around a decade and it takes time to master this stuff.  I plan on making a lot of tracks and assets for the tracks, as well as I would like to model some bikes as well.  I have only worked in Maxon C4d and I recently opened Blender and it is a lot different than C4d, so I am taking my time to learn Blender more before I move forward.  Great job bro, love how it looks, very pleasing to the eye.

Sincerely,
Rossy

P.S.  I am a "Perfectionist"[you need to replace the "f" with a "t"(courtesy of: The Grammar Police :o )] Sorry, just had to since no one has called it out, it was bugging me that it went unnoticed. All fun and games though, Keep up the great work, as I can't wait till I get the chance to play this track of yours.

kawirider276

Small update,  I know I know its been a while.  I spent most of the summer away from a computer so any work I was doing came to a screeching halt,  by about November I had time to start working again and with a fresh set of eyes and a bit more knowledge, I needed to make some changes there are a lot of things wrong with this track yet.
Some things I am working on
-Reducing the amount of layers (there are 14)  I have to redo all the layer makes in a new way to help reduce that down to around 5-8
-A lot the objects were made very quick and with little knowledge of blender and object optimization that need to be re worked and some even redone all together. 
-I have been doing a lot of work on much smaller projects (backyard supercross tracks and such)  to learn new ways to achieve the play-ability that the best tracks have in this game (making ruts and using Photoshop for better precision).
-I have also learned a lot more involving the normal and spec maps that just kept confusing me before,  so there's a whole bunch of things I need to go back and check with textures.

I want to make sure this isn't just some piece of eye candy but actually a track people want to spend time racing each other on,  keeping some of the amazing history of our sport alive.

I appreciate the interest in the track immensely, it truly started as just a personal project to get back into tack-making as I loved doing as a kid and has really kind of blown my mind that people are into the old school as much as I am!

Thank you all,
kawi-

This thing is coming I swear!
P.S. I can't wait till ya'll see what I got cooking up next  ;)

Rossybrah

Quote from: kawirider276 on January 02, 2023, 05:37:49 PMSmall update,  I know I know its been a while.  I spent most of the summer away from a computer so any work I was doing came to a screeching halt,  by about November I had time to start working again and with a fresh set of eyes and a bit more knowledge, I needed to make some changes there are a lot of things wrong with this track yet.
Some things I am working on
-Reducing the amount of layers (there are 14)  I have to redo all the layer makes in a new way to help reduce that down to around 5-8
-A lot the objects were made very quick and with little knowledge of blender and object optimization that need to be re worked and some even redone all together. 
-I have been doing a lot of work on much smaller projects (backyard supercross tracks and such)  to learn new ways to achieve the play-ability that the best tracks have in this game (making ruts and using Photoshop for better precision).
-I have also learned a lot more involving the normal and spec maps that just kept confusing me before,  so there's a whole bunch of things I need to go back and check with textures.

I want to make sure this isn't just some piece of eye candy but actually a track people want to spend time racing each other on,  keeping some of the amazing history of our sport alive.

I appreciate the interest in the track immensely, it truly started as just a personal project to get back into tack-making as I loved doing as a kid and has really kind of blown my mind that people are into the old school as much as I am!

Thank you all,
kawi-

This thing is coming I swear!
P.S. I can't wait till ya'll see what I got cooking up next  ;)

There he is!! SO what are the chances of a track like me and rider like what you created and teased us with like of having a you know... braaaaap brap brap it up?  And I dont want to hear that one and a million talk, because I have been lead on with that banter before....  Nah, but all jokes aside, glad we were able to get you to come back and give this project the attention it needs to be able to leave the nest and fly free  on to the MXB-mods site, hehe. ;D   ;)

F5_TORNADO

It's been sooo long since there's been any news on this track. I guess we'll never see it's release. Sooo sad.  :(  :'(

Flare

He prolly just went on another summer break (i hope) This track looks truly beautiful and i just cant wait to see in in game