• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 01:30:03 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

USGP of Motocross @ Carlsbad Raceway

Started by F5_TORNADO, December 21, 2021, 09:16:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F5_TORNADO

Anyone remember that course? Carlsbad would be a sick place to host an only 500cc 2 stroke race, or just run the whole grand prix, 125's, 250's, and 500's, 2 strokes only (because there weren't any racing 4 strokes back then).

kawirider276

You mean something like this? haha
Unfortunately I've been real busy as of late so I haven't been able to work on it much, and to add to that I've got like 7 other random tracks all at varying stages that I keep bouncing between, I do have a lot more for this track, vintage style billboards, the old walk bridges and score shakes, looking to make a couple vintage campers and box vans too.  My next major phase is to get the trees in and start getting the textures fine tuned.

F5_TORNADO

Oh man, that would be sweet. The track is already looking good. Don't forget the steep tabletop at the finish. I can't tell the scale of the map, but I remember the Carlsbad freeway (big downhill) was pretty steep and long. I can't wait to ride this one though. Keep up the great work. It's looking good.

kawirider276

Trust me I've spent many of hours watching and re-watching any video I could find on coverage of this track,  the Carlsbad freeway is defiantly steep, this track is fast but also as to scale as I can get.  Devils drop (the steep tabletop) at the finish wasn't exactly a table in the early days as much as a leveled off drop jump (so kind of a table lol),  it seems a lot more about the drop off than the "jump"  hence the name. 

F5_TORNADO

Quote from: kawirider276 on December 23, 2021, 03:38:30 AM
Holy crap dude. That is awesome! Love the cracked dirt on the sides. It portrays how dry that track was. I can't wait to see the finished product with shrubbery and trees. You've done a damn good job already on it.

mxstylie

December 27, 2021, 09:52:53 PM #6 Last Edit: December 27, 2021, 10:30:37 PM by mxstylie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkEJwYVG5rA

I used to ride out at the Ranch in Anza. Mark Peters built a Carlbad replica out there. Its pretty accurate. The video is not me or mine

kawirider276

Damn that is super cool!! would love to make the trip some day, looks real fun (I'm all the way up in Minnesota haha).

Vetmx210

this is awesome I just posted a few weeks back is someone doing this track great job looks great cant wait for this one

MXB17

Was hoping someone would make this. Excited and look forward to laps on this. An old school pack of bike would be so cool on this.

kawirider276

I have been learning a lot more about blender and object creation (admittedly from not bothering with it in the past) to a point I wanted to redo all of my original objects and upgrade the textures, still a WIP but I'm starting to get real excited about this project overall.  I also have some trees and bushes not pictured that fit the SoCal vibe that I was really happy with the way they turned out.

Just wanted to give an update, as this project is more about me learning/re-learning things so there's no real deadline, I originally wasn't sure if I was even gonna release this track but now with the interest I feel it is worth it, but with that said I'm a protectionist and I always find things I can fix, so bare with me if it feels slow lol.

Vetmx210

so glad your releasing this track I've been following your post cant wait great job

F5_TORNADO

I really hope you finish and release this track, as it was one of my local tracks. So sad to see it go, but now excited that someone may bring it back. If I can't ride it irl, then in MX Bikes is good enough.  :)

kawirider276

Here's a small update with some the objects I've been working and the textures updated, I still have a few things I want to do, finish the grass, match the trees, create a sky/backdrop, and few more objects need to be made, but I'm really pleased with how things are coming along.

Cody D