• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:08:28 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Riding on object with collisions

Started by 𝖙𝖋𝖈, January 18, 2015, 01:09:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Hey  :)

Maybe I'm missing something here so thought I should ask..

When riding on an object with collisions, it's like riding a bike with no tyres. You skip around all over the place.. Am I missing something that I'm doing wrong here? I'm just using WLLCONC object name, and FBXtoEDF is just using mesh, as using collision makes the object non-collidable.

This would be pretty useful for tracks which have bridges over other sections of track, like a few older SX tracks, some nationals, and of course ramps.

Thanks  ;D

PiBoSo

Quote from: TheFatController on January 18, 2015, 01:09:44 PM
Hey  :)

Maybe I'm missing something here so thought I should ask..

When riding on an object with collisions, it's like riding a bike with no tyres. You skip around all over the place.. Am I missing something that I'm doing wrong here? I'm just using WLLCONC object name, and FBXtoEDF is just using mesh, as using collision makes the object non-collidable.

This would be pretty useful for tracks which have bridges over other sections of track, like a few older SX tracks, some nationals, and of course ramps.

Thanks  ;D

WLL is for walls only. Tyres are not meant to have traction on them.
For fully collidable surfaces, use TRK. They didn't work combined with the terrain in Beta1, but they should be fixed in Beta2.
If they aren't, they will for sure in Beta3.

𝖙𝖋𝖈

Thanks pib I will give it another go!

𝖙𝖋𝖈

PiBoSo

𝖙𝖋𝖈

http://www.youtube.com/v/xcq31eWCm1k?rel=0

rc4187

You beat me to it. That was going to be my next project. Those whips are insane.