• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:18:04 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta17 - Feedback Thread

Started by iNsane, February 02, 2022, 02:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iNsane

I made one for b14 and b15, skipped b16 and now we're here, b17 launched.

Discord is not a good place to gather feedback and opinions, so we use the forum which makes way more sense for the players and PiBoSo.
When giving feedback please think about it beforehand, write constructive criticism, preferably a list like:

pros
-
-
cons
-
-
neutral
-
-

or take a look at my feedback back from beta14: http://forum.mx-bikes.com/index.php?topic=3389.msg38521#msg38521

current changelog as of 02/02/22:
MX Bikes beta17 - 2022/2/1

Changelog:
fix: track layout custom objects collisions
fix: support for more than two controllers with the same name
fix: track paint in dedicated servers
fix: user interface lists sorting
fix: wrong missing category shown when trying to connect to a server
fix: missing team sprite
Fix: 3D names in the track screens
fix: missing right boot
new: option to enable only the L/R o F/B rider lean tracking
new: user interface pull-downs search box
new: servers browser name filter
new: number of pits in the track info
new: option to enable the environment sounds in the pit
new: option to show both 2D and 3D flags
new: particles when sliding on the ground
new: support for multiple rider models
new: supermoto rider model
new: wheelie standing animation

IMPORTANT
When giving feedback, please make sure you did not use OEM bikes or modded tyres, because those use old physics and may interfere with the new general physics changes b17 brought up. Please only give feedback if you've spent some time on the stock MX1/MX2 MSM bikes.

let the hunger games begin

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Cooper526

February 02, 2022, 02:26:42 PM #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 02:58:30 PM by Cooper526
The new physics are horrible.. this game just went from a sim to arcade with this update.
im sure its just a bug but this new beta shouldn't have been released yet with how bad it is.
also cannot join any servers.
this new update has ruined the game, this is not just my solo opinion, everyone is saying the same thing.
dont take offence to this, this is real constructive criticism.
can you revert back to beta16 until you guys fix this one?
because this beta puts a halt on the entire game. no one can play or race with this update and all racing series will be affectedido

iNsane

February 02, 2022, 02:37:39 PM #2 Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 02:41:27 PM by iNsane
Quote from: Cooper526 on February 02, 2022, 02:26:42 PMThe new physics are horrible.. this game just went from a sim to arcade with this update.
im sure its just a bug but this new beta shouldn't have been released yet with how bad it is.
also cannot join any servers.
this new update has ruined the game, this is not just my solo opinion, everyone is saying the same thing.
can you revert back to beta16 until you guys fix this one?
because this beta puts a halt on the entire game. no one can play or race with this update and all racing series will be affected.

You do know the things that would fix almost all of your issues?
Servers are not updated, players use old wheels, then there's players using new wheels trying to connect to an outdated server and vice versa.
Anything you said seems to be the known issues I also mentioned above.

Just to make it clear and no further discussion needed, please do the important steps first before expressing feedback.

last edit:
No offense but this is not constructive criticism saying revert everything back to beta 16. No mentions about the changes that have been made whatsoever. Just complains about user errors.

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

Leathel

February 02, 2022, 02:47:15 PM #3 Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 03:00:42 PM by Leathel
Quote from: Cooper526 on February 02, 2022, 02:26:42 PMThe new physics are horrible..

This is not constructive criticism, you are just giving your opinion on the physics with no effort to give an opinion on how to improve it, except "please revert." When you "tested" were you playing on the msm bike models, or were you using oems with/without tyre mods? Apart from the initial launch yesterday/last night the general opinion has turned more positive, due to people now knowing the oems are not perfected yet and the modded tyres are incorrect.

In my opinion the overall physics feel better, especially at slower speeds. I do agree that its still not perfect, for example when doing "oppos" the bike doesn't seem to rotate perfectly coming back. I also like having separated kit paint folders for different models.

A con/negative is the UI, it still feels too cluttered and compact, I don't see why it can't be separated and made to look better, like with how the UI mod by Insane has done. A mod shouldn't be needed to make it look better. (However I understand that this isn't a priority.)

*edit; the wind sounds seem to start when your at a lower speed now, which I find ok however maybe it's just a tiny bit too loud?

pay2021

February 02, 2022, 03:00:09 PM #4 Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 03:04:27 PM by pay2021
I tried beta 17 and the truth is that it works perfectly for me, passing the issue of skins, which is solved very easily, I loved the physics.
The bike has more inertia and is less bouncy.
I swear I don't know why everyone complains.

In general it is that.

My only problem now is that I can't get the custom character to work, which BTW, is a feature i been waiting for and im super happy about that.

Higgo

Spent some time on Stock 250F and stock tires

1. Traction: There doesnt seem to be the level of traction in this beta as previous. Sliding out on berms is an issue. I noticed quite a bit of front end tuck but that could be because I have used the OEM's for so long that I am used to those bikes. Suspension setting could help with the front end tuck and I believe this is a user issue and not game related. The traction is lacking for sure.

2. The wind noise. It is distracting and is sometimes louder than the bike itself. Not so bad for the stock bike, but it is extreme when using the OEM's before this thread opened up. Its louder than the bike. Please remove or at least lower the volume of the wav file....a lot, or give the user the ability to modulate volume in the settings.

3. I have used the stock bike and tyres for all of my tracks and as a creator, if these stock bike power/rider/physics characteristics carried over to the OEM models after a fix, it would make my tracks redundant to the game as some obstacles are now hard to clear, some are not possible at all.

4. Could be placebo, but the Stock bikes in this beta feel more planted and less bouncy than previous. This is very welcome.

Xeaxu

After riding with MSMs and no tire mods I have concluded.
- leaning back and forth does almost nothing (everything in this video is impossible now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R3qPyNb7FY  :-\
)
- it feels like a lot of skillful things that gave this game style have been taken away and everything feels sluggish
- wind noise is too much
- my biggest complaint is that the physics changes were things that no one wanted changed, and the stuff that people wanted changed (front tucking/slow physics) is still there. And the way to counter slow physics is knowing how to lean but now that doesn't work fast enough to save you.
- whole thing feels like a major step back  :'(

AZDesertRat

I find the feel of the new physics to be much more realistic as though the bike is now properly absorbing more thru it's suspension compared to the bounciness in previous beta versions. Also, really enjoying how the rear tire will break out when too much throttle's applied in a corner but it's more controllable.  As others have posted it's not perfect but a step in the right direction. After a few b17 update it will as right as rain ;) .

74med |GHOST

February 02, 2022, 04:25:12 PM #8 Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 04:27:57 PM by 74med |GHOST
Quote from: pay2021 on February 02, 2022, 03:00:09 PMI tried beta 17 and the truth is that it works perfectly for me, passing the issue of skins, which is solved very easily, I loved the physics.
The bike has more inertia and is less bouncy.
I swear I don't know why everyone complains.

In general it is that.

My only problem now is that I can't get the custom character to work, which BTW, is a feature i been waiting for and im super happy about that.

I totally agree with you.

I find the physics much more consistent.

The bike absorbs bounces better and the front end tends to slide less for nothing.

I think the game is going in the right direction and as pay21 says I am surprised to see so many people complaining about the new update.

"Just don''t play with the mods until they are updated."

Paradox28

the only thing I noticed that felt different in a "what am I supposed to do" kind of way is that in air adjustments seem a little sluggish? Not sure if thats a me thing or an update thing. Maybe I just need to use a different technique now? I rode the OEM bikes(never had mod tires) and nothing weird happened. I was coming up short on some jumps but chalked that up to changes I haven't adjusted to, yet.

garret_1197

February 02, 2022, 07:46:23 PM #10 Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 11:06:53 PM by garret_1197
Idk if anyone else is having this problem. But whenever I updated it wont fully load into a track without crashing. Like it loads the rider, bike, and track but only for a second then it freezes and crashes. I tried it on the stock bikes and it does the same thing. But as of the update I can't actually play it :/

Tinppa

February 02, 2022, 09:52:20 PM #11 Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 09:56:50 PM by Tinppa
New physics Works just great. Traction is just litle bit of but More realistic than before. Not so bouncy and fromt wheel feels better. 250f's are as they should, u really need to keep Ur momentum and get out of those corners to clear The jumps. This is The way to go👍 just some adjustments.

I only rode OEM bikes

flukeyprism

Got roughly 650 hrs in the game did a few laps in supercross with msm bike and no tyre mods.

Pros
- Absorbs bounces a lot better such as when landing slightly short on jumps,
- For turning, the front end is more predictable while the rear slides out more but in a controllable way in slower corners. So, I think the turning is a good improvement at slower corners. In faster corners the rear steps too much making it unpredictable and looks unnatural compared to the speed the bike is going. Another issue is also the rear step out too much when hitting jumps at angles.

Cons
- I can't tell if this is intentional or a bug but the front and back lean has minimal effect, wheeling is much more difficult to achieve, trying to maximize the effect of extending the bike to hit triples is reduced, and wheel tapping can't really be done now because it feels as if the bike wants to stay horizontal. Overall, the manoeuvrability of the bike is far less. In saying that though I think before the update it had too much manoeuvrability, a slight acceleration with a 0 swing-arm would cause wheeling, so I think somewhere in between would be good.
- This was an issue before the update but seems worse now and that is landing on the rear wheel when the front wheel is raised high and the bike is tilted, this makes the rear wheel act as if it's on ice crashing instantly.

Neutral
- More arcade like feel especially around corners.

frazz333

The game physics are better, everything is better apart from not being able to load into online games, managed to get into 1 game which took 18mins to get in, just little things wrong but the actual riding physics are better, only thing i noticed was when you whip you sometimes can't bring it back with just the lean button

frazz333

Also just noticed that the bike doesn't lift the front end anymore, like you can't lift the front wheel over bumps or even in mid air really now, it seems like the front end is super heavy or stuck to the ground which is causing rear traction to be lost, only noticed this when i changed to third person view, hope they fix that, its a bad issue