• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:15:53 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta17 - Feedback Thread

Started by iNsane, February 02, 2022, 02:01:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LxstBxysRxcing

Quote from: garret_1197 on February 02, 2022, 07:46:23 PMIdk if anyone else is having this problem. But whenever I updated it wont fully load into a track without crashing. Like it loads the rider, bike, and track but only for a second then it freezes and crashes. I tried it on the stock bikes and it does the same thing. But as of the update I can't actually play it :/

Same, have you figured it out?

Form Forza

the community seems spit, I think people want the game to be better and hope updates fix that but this one doesn't seem like its goes in that direction, the pros physics wise seem like more cons then pros. hoping it gets better and the developers listen to the community   

Oggpeg

Quote from: LxstBxysRxcing on February 03, 2022, 01:22:25 AM
Quote from: garret_1197 on February 02, 2022, 07:46:23 PMIdk if anyone else is having this problem. But whenever I updated it wont fully load into a track without crashing. Like it loads the rider, bike, and track but only for a second then it freezes and crashes. I tried it on the stock bikes and it does the same thing. But as of the update I can't actually play it :/

Same, have you figured it out?
Have you guys tried removing tyres from mod folder?

Marshn

Summary of what I think and what I've heard in the discord:

Pros:
  • Ground physics feel a lot more stable
  • Traction is more realistic
  • Slow physics have improved a lot

Cons:
  • The air controls are very counterintuitive. To whip and do movements, you have to rider lean opposite of the way you would in real life. Here's an image showing it
  • Consequently, oppo whips are now impossible with these changes
  • Scrubbing is now irrelevant since you won't be able to bring it back. This makes the skill gap way smaller.

In summary, please make the in-air physics/controls more what they used to be in b16. The ground physics are nice, but the air controls feel entirely wrong.

buzzcooksey

I've removed the tyre mods and even MaxHUD and it still just crashes right when I go to track.

Sv3n

Overall to me everything is fine  8)
Don't even feel the differences in-air physics  ???
Ingame "Sv3n"

Form Forza

its not fun to play and I don't care if you have 50 hours or 2000 hours, is bad, landing is bad traction is bad, the 250 doesn't have any power or at least cant get it to the ground, witch makes 90% of the tracks no longer rideable, if you don't believe me try mantua. is not fun, I get it if your tryin got slow the game down but the slow physics are not good ether. the air physics are bad too. you would think with 80% of the community wanting the old physics back you should do something about it especially as this is pibosos most popular game. we need a fix. if your one of those people saying its not that bad stop lying to yourself, I get the developer's are trying but we shouldn't reward them with bad improvements.

buzzcooksey

Quote from: buzzcooksey on February 03, 2022, 11:14:38 PMI've removed the tyre mods and even MaxHUD and it still just crashes right when I go to track.
I took me having to wipe and reinstall the game to get in functioning again. Which is great! But the bike feels labored and struggle to make it over jumps I could easily clear before on the 350. In air physics change kind of sucks, but it is what it is. Bike just feels slow and really heavy. Even on the 450, it isn't any better. The new physics added and half a minute to my average lap times.

RACERX

February 04, 2022, 04:34:27 PM #23 Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 10:22:36 PM by RACERX
Ok, first off anybody saying that these physics are better, are most likely not on a pro level, so they do not feel the change as well as compared to a pro level mxb rider.

I have over 2000hrs on this game and i am at a pro level and here is my thoughts on the new update.

1. I noticed the The front end is a lot heavier which makes traction a lot better in the corners but also easier to wash the front end out while landing from a jump, which is not realistic in my opinion, if you lean back at the right time you should be able to take the load off the front, which you could in beta 16.. but now you cant.. if you could find a in between then that would be alot better.

2. Less Traction on the rear wheel is bad. If anything we needed more traction on the rear wheel. As a 450 rider i had perfect throttle control so i could corner perfect and also make it lose traction if i needed, now with beta 17 i feel as if i have no traction all the time... so there i think the old traction was better

3. The air physics are now opposite of what they should be, i know about the change in the assist during the air but i feel like the air physics before this update were perfect... beta 17 now i feel like the realistic feeling is gone and now it is all inverted. I think the old air physics are perfect and that the only thing that should be changed are the rider movement on the bike.. if you revert back to old air physics and changed the rider animation so the rider can lean more off the bike and take a leg off the peg on the side you whip, then you would have perfect air physics. So go back to old air physics.

4. The change in speed is very frustrating.. to me it already felt too slow and now it feels even slower. if anything i think it should have been sped up.

5. I love the wind effect. I am a 1st person rider and i really think the wind effect is awesome!

Overall: The traction is my main concern! It is unplayable the way it is now. We need more traction or revert back to beta16 traction.
Air physics also changed back or at least made realistic, at the moment the game doesn't feel like it used to and nothing feels right... very un realistic and honestly un playable.
I do not enjoy playing with beta17.

That is all i really care about. MX Bikes is the best mx game ever made and it still is.
This is coming from someone who played mx simulator since 2008.
When i discovered mx bikes i instantly converted because this game is beyond anything else.
I appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting into this game to make the best experience mx game ever.

So please all i say is listen to the community and mostly listen to what the pros have to say because they know the game better than anyone else!

I found this video on Youtube, he explains well what i mean about opposite air physics.

Thank you Piboso and the dev team for all that you do!

*Edit*

After spending more time playing i am really starting to like the changes! I actually like the traction now, it is alot more realistic. The air physics are still need alot of work and i know thats getting worked on. I tested out the beta17 air physics for hours and i can see some really good improvements but its just not there yet, a few more tweaks here and there and i can see it being really good. But playing with beta16 air physics and this new traction, i really do enjoy it.
As much as i enjoy the old air physics, i am excited on the new physics and cant wait to see future updates on this.

After giving it some time and practice i can really see the great work you have done. Thank you Piboso

Rockchalice3875KTM

Quote from: Form Forza on February 04, 2022, 06:33:04 AMits not fun to play and I don't care if you have 50 hours or 2000 hours, is bad, landing is bad traction is bad, the 250 doesn't have any power or at least cant get it to the ground, witch makes 90% of the tracks no longer rideable, if you don't believe me try mantua. is not fun, I get it if your tryin got slow the game down but the slow physics are not good ether. the air physics are bad too. you would think with 80% of the community wanting the old physics back you should do something about it especially as this is pibosos most popular game. we need a fix. if your one of those people saying its not that bad stop lying to yourself, I get the developer's are trying but we shouldn't reward them with bad improvements.
get good lol if you ride in irl do you not slide out on the dirt? Don't say you don't lol

RACERX

February 04, 2022, 07:22:51 PM #25 Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 07:35:56 PM by RACERX
Quote from: Rockchalice3875KTM on February 04, 2022, 04:52:42 PM
Quote from: Form Forza on February 04, 2022, 06:33:04 AMits not fun to play and I don't care if you have 50 hours or 2000 hours, is bad, landing is bad traction is bad, the 250 doesn't have any power or at least cant get it to the ground, witch makes 90% of the tracks no longer rideable, if you don't believe me try mantua. is not fun, I get it if your tryin got slow the game down but the slow physics are not good ether. the air physics are bad too. you would think with 80% of the community wanting the old physics back you should do something about it especially as this is pibosos most popular game. we need a fix. if your one of those people saying its not that bad stop lying to yourself, I get the developer's are trying but we shouldn't reward them with bad improvements.
get good lol if you ride in irl do you not slide out on the dirt? Don't say you don't lol

be quiet you fool. its idiots like you who say stupid things like this that are actually goons in the game and in real life...
next time comment something useful...

your comment was not needed. ignore these last two comments and look above at real constructive criticism.

Rockchalice3875KTM

Quote from: RACERX on February 04, 2022, 07:22:51 PM

be quiet you fool. its idiots like you who say stupid things like this that are actually goons in the game and in real life...

your comment was not needed. ignore these last two comments and look above at real constructive criticism.
you don't know me lmao Everyone is starting to get used to so can you. Get used it or don't play

Rockchalice3875KTM

Quote from: RACERX on February 04, 2022, 07:22:51 PM

if other people are getting used to it so can you lol stop bitching about it.

Logn341

After playing some times the new beta feels great overall.

There is just some things I noticed :

- Lean tracking seems to block both L/R and F/B, no matter which one we are choosing.

- Bike inertia in the air when approching "straight axis" feels locked, almost like the bike can't go the other way (In real life, rider lean is very useful before takeoff to throw the bike sideways, but intertia makes it come back "alone". Except when throwing huge whips, rider has its importance to make it come back good).
When now I feel we need to lean with the rider to make the bike come back that little extra that makes it really straight before landing.

- I don't know if F/B lean has been touched, or it is because of new tyre values, but seat bouncing seems impossible, or really really non efficient compared to what it should be. F/B lean doesn't bother me really in other aspect of riding.

- I don't know if it's been reported, but race data/terrain deformation is insanely huge when loading into a server (not for servers with less than 5 people and open practice sessions).

SIDE NOTES (not necessarily B17 related) :
- I am still asking for "rider in front" gap on the pitboard, added to currently rider behind gap ideally.

- Having a search bar for tracks would be cool

- When having unlinked brakes, I can still rear brake "two" times in the air, like front brake input also push the rear brake.
( it goes with seat bouncing problem, seat bouncing and then releasing front lean while taping rear brake should make the bike "nose dive" a lot, I feel like it is limited even more with b17)

- Lastly, I don't think "only listening to pro" is a good thing, a lot of the fastest riders in the game are using unrealistic features of the game that make them go that fast. The argument "we are slower so it's unrealistic" should not exist, a game is not realistic because we go fast, overall feeling and matching irl laptimes with irl track scale is a great way to see if the games tends to be realistic or not, imo. Barely using the rider weight around the bike is not something realistic that needed to change.

TheMachinist104

February 05, 2022, 04:44:42 AM #29 Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 04:49:09 AM by TheMachinist104
Here are my 2 cents after playing since the update,

Pros:
1. I like the confidence in lateral traction. I've found with a good line I seem to have better traction and was able to be smoother. I felt in B16 you had less confidence throughout some corners and would have the front end washing out more when I would push as compared to B17.
2. Saving swaps seem to be more efficient. I have gotten pretty sideways and was able to bring the bike back whereas in B16 it was more of a switch where it was either savable or a crash.
3. Overall control of the bike seems improved and more stable.

Cons:
1. Air physics are not as satisfying as B16. BUT it is not impossible to whip. I do prefer the air physics in B16 as they allowed you to throw the bike around like how you would like instead of having an invisible force limiting your movements. And having to turn into the whip to bring it back is so strange and hard to adapt to.

I was upset that I lost all my control presets when B17 updated, but after some trial and error it is playable. No I don't think it is as satisfying to play like B16, but it also could of been a lot worse.