• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:34:04 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Help ! Connection Timeout Problem / Problème connection Timeout

Started by bikelifematty, March 13, 2021, 02:44:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bikelifematty

Hello everybody, I'm new on this forum, I just bought this game to play with my friends and I can't play it online because everytime I try to join a online server, I got an "Connection Timeout" message. I tried to uninstall and reinstall game, join with no mods, opening UDP/TCP ports, opening my firewall, nothing changes and It is very annoying cause my friend got the same issue. We live together in France and as I heard we ain't the only one which got this problem. We're using "Free" internet operator.
Hope you understand our inconvenience after buying a 30€ game to play it online and it doesn't work. We pray that you can help us, MX Bike fam or PiBoSo ! Many thanks.

Bonjour à tous, je suis nouveau sur ce forum, je viens juste d'acheter ce jeu pour y jouer avec des potes et je ne peux pas jouer en ligne car à chaque fois que j'essaie de joindre un serveur en ligne, j'ai le message d'erreur suivant qui s'affiche "Connection Timeout". J'ai essayé d'installer/réinstaller le jeu, rejoindre les serveurs sans mods, ouvrir mes ports UDP/TCP, débloquer mon pare feu, rien n'y fait et c'est vraiment relou car mes potes ont le même problème. On vit tous en France et on est sous l'opérateur Free. J'espère que vous pourriez m'aider la team Mx Bike ou les admins! On a quand même payé un jeu 30 euros et on peut pas y jouer... Merci !

teeds

Things that might help you are -

1/. Use a VPN
2/. Change your DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (Googles DNS)
3/. Get IPV6 from your ISP if you don't already have it, if you do try disabling it to go back to IPv4
"Damn dirt bikers!" - Bubba

bikelifematty

Quote from: teeds on March 13, 2021, 02:50:31 PMThings that might help you are -

1/. Use a VPN
3/. Get IPV6 from your ISP if you don't already have it, if you do try disabling it to go back to IPv4

Thank you for your answer. I will try a VPN first and let you know if it works.

bikelifematty

Quote from: teeds on March 13, 2021, 02:50:31 PMThings that might help you are -

1/. Use a VPN

The VPN actually works, but it kinda sucks that I need to pay 100$ for a VPN to play a 30$ game.
"Connection Timeout" problem is solved, now I'm stuck in "Syncing..." in 99% of servers. I play with the original game, only OEM pack v0.15.1.
Thanks too for your help bro, appreciate !

PizzaChet

Quote from: bikelifematty on March 16, 2021, 06:03:05 PM"Syncing..." in 99% of servers. I play with the original game, only OEM pack v0.15.1.
When you look at the server list are you making sure there's an actual "ping" number? If the ping column has "---" instead of "124" don't try to join. It's easy to overlook this and try to join a server with "---" ping. This is just in case you haven't noticed that before. Good luck!
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.

bikelifematty

Thanks for you answer. Can't tell you if it works or not, because I can't join any server.
Here is my server list. My friends got like a 70 server list. I got like 10-20 and I can't join all of them. I'm starting to regret buying this game. 30€ game + 88€ VPN and it worked 1 day. Fuck it. Can't even have fun with your friends buying a game nowadays.

teeds

"Syncing" is a different problem, normally related to mod game files.

teeds

Also, did you find out your ISP IPV4/6 status? If a VPN works for you this might be the root of your problem and you might be able to do something about it for free.

Olsson32

I wonder whether something worked here?

My 2 brothers and I play this game a lot and we can only play together when my older brother hosts a server. If I host a server, my little brother can join, but my older brother gets connection timeout. If my little brother hosts a server I can join but my older brother again gets connection timeout. (My older brother can't join any server, he tried some random servers, he instantly gets connection timeout when clicking on any server).

But if my older brother hosts a server, both of us can join it and it works fine. It is really strange.

If I host an open server, I often see people connecting and after some minutes I get the message that they disconnect again. I guess everyone else than my little brother has problems joining my servers...
We really can't get it to behave differently, we have simply tried every solution that was written in this forum I think.

We are thankful for every help we can get, because we would like to play with other people :)

Robdisco

Look i hate reading this to me its sad af i had the same problem but i cant find the thread cause i got a buddy going through the same shyt i want through it for almost 2 to 3 weeks b4 i found a solution and i think it had to do with my settings in doc or i think it was my user folder saved games but damn as we speak one of my solutions worked for him
damn good luck and imma keep lookin

Creek_Squad_420

I just got the game a week ago. As soon as I click race my connection times out. Will not even register a server at all. How do I fix this. I'm really starting to hate this game. It's the most bugged out crock of **** I've ever played.

Hays419

@Geek_Squad_420 Well if you did your research, you'd have seen that there was scheduled server maintenance going on. Don't gotta bash the game.

eWorx

Really hoping someone can find a solid solution to these problems. I had the same thing happen when trying to join the PDMX Race servers before the race. It's kind of ridiculous that there's not a solution tbh.. Hope someone can help us

Proxyyiv

Quote from: Olsson32 on March 30, 2021, 11:18:30 AMI wonder whether something worked here?

My 2 brothers and I play this game a lot and we can only play together when my older brother hosts a server. If I host a server, my little brother can join, but my older brother gets connection timeout. If my little brother hosts a server I can join but my older brother again gets connection timeout. (My older brother can't join any server, he tried some random servers, he instantly gets connection timeout when clicking on any server).

But if my older brother hosts a server, both of us can join it and it works fine. It is really strange.

If I host an open server, I often see people connecting and after some minutes I get the message that they disconnect again. I guess everyone else than my little brother has problems joining my servers...
We really can't get it to behave differently, we have simply tried every solution that was written in this forum I think.

We are thankful for every help we can get, because we would like to play with other people :)
Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same problem.

Olsson32

Quote from: Proxyyiv on February 14, 2023, 09:04:26 PM
Quote from: Olsson32 on March 30, 2021, 11:18:30 AMI wonder whether something worked here?

Did you ever find a solution? I am having the same problem.

I think we found "kind of" a solution. I called my Internet provider an asked for a native Ipv4 address. They enabled that and since then I can host servers and many people can join without problems. I think it was a problem with the ipv6 standard and the "simulated" ipv4 address over ipv6 that is used more often now when for gaming the ipv4 standard is needed in many cases. At least it seems like that.