• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:36:09 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

MX Bikes beta17e

Started by PiBoSo, March 08, 2022, 10:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yan-82

:(
Hi there guys, i bought the game last week full price of 39.99$ on steam and it does feel wrong in VR
i'm using Oculus Quest 2 and i'm an experienced user, but this 30 degree downward 1st person camera tilt, and the slight swing in the head movement when moving from left to right caused by it, is a bummer...
Both sliders in the ''simulation'' tab are set to ZERO and yet it's facing downward even after VR camera reset key is pressed.

@PiBoSo please look into this or if someone else found a solution please post cause i'd really love to enjoy this game and all else seems fine with it...

PiBoSo

Quote from: Yan-82 on June 07, 2022, 03:30:16 AM:(
Hi there guys, i bought the game last week full price of 39.99$ on steam and it does feel wrong in VR
i'm using Oculus Quest 2 and i'm an experienced user, but this 30 degree downward 1st person camera tilt, and the slight swing in the head movement when moving from left to right caused by it, is a bummer...
Both sliders in the ''simulation'' tab are set to ZERO and yet it's facing downward even after VR camera reset key is pressed.

@PiBoSo please look into this or if someone else found a solution please post cause i'd really love to enjoy this game and all else seems fine with it...

Are you launching MX Bikes in "Oculus VR Mode"?

Yan-82

June 10, 2022, 04:25:19 AM #17 Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 05:09:09 AM by Yan-82 Reason: ADDING MORE INFORMATION
Quote from: PiBoSo on June 07, 2022, 10:06:38 AM

Are you launching MX Bikes in "Oculus VR Mode"?
YES I AM sir, through steam i always select oculus VR, should i not?

I tried with the Steam VR mode, and funny enough the "weirdness'' there is more when i move my head up and down as opposed to left and right like on the oculus mode...BUT the performance is cut in HALF in the steam renderer so there is no way i'd use that...does it run this bad when you don't have an oculus? my 3080ti is struggling in steam VR but it's a piece of cake in oculus renderer in fact i'm maxed out in super-sampling...full details too...it's absolutely insane this game it's gorgeous and you can really feel like flying on a motorcycle it's incredible and i want to thank you for it, it's awesome!

I even have a Buttkicker Gamer 2 attached to my seat and with SimHub i can rumble my whole butt with the motocross while in full VR it's absolutely bat sh!t amazing...have you tried your game in a full sim like this? you should :)

Yan-82

June 10, 2022, 06:21:18 AM #18 Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:55:53 AM by Yan-82
@PiBoSo
Turns out i think i found the issue...
if you can see in VR in the 3rd person view and look from left to right you can see the helmet movement is on some kind of swivel motion to avoid going through the neck brace of the rider on the back of the neck, and i get that it looks better in 3rd person view but i'm pretty sure it's why the camera in 1st person feel wrong when looking left and right and why it's angled downward as well...it's tied to the helmet position ON the rider's shoulders...here is a poor attempt at recording my screen to show you what happens in VR, for some reason it's not as clear i'm moving my head too fast to clearly show the problem, but if you can check it in VR put 3rd person view and look at camera/helmet behaviour when looking left and right, and move then to 1st person and do the same, you will feel the same ''swivel'' motion within the 1st person cam:

https://youtu.be/5bKLpCIMzHc

a quick solution would probably just be to put the helmet straight and allow it to move through the neck brace protector model during it's travel from left to right...it would look worse in 3rd person but would temporarily fix the problem for 1st person cam...or just decouple the 1st person camera from the helmet line of motion, like it is from 3rd person because it 3rd person everything feels normal...

CSchmied986

Ya ever since B17 the VR has been ruined. I asked a whole bunch of time and hoped it would be changed back to how it was previously but never got any responses or even aknowledgement of the problem. I can't play the game how it is now.  :(

Yan-82

June 10, 2022, 06:58:37 AM #20 Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 07:00:28 AM by Yan-82
Quote from: CSchmied986 on June 10, 2022, 06:39:11 AMYa ever since B17 the VR has been ruined. I asked a whole bunch of time and hoped it would be changed back to how it was previously but never got any responses or even aknowledgement of the problem. I can't play the game how it is now.  :(
is it possible that in the previous versions when it was working alright the head movement on the 3rd person rider model wasnt active...like when we look around in the headset now the helmet moves along with it in 3rd person and IMHO this is what is causing the issue...here check the video i made to illustrate what i'm talking about and please test it for yourself and see...

See one post above i explained a bit in better detail.
The field of view is so much wider in the quest 2 than it is on the video recording of my screen you can barely see it in the video it's so narrow...

PiBoSo

Quote from: CSchmied986 on June 10, 2022, 06:39:11 AM

Ya ever since B17 the VR has been ruined. I asked a whole bunch of time and hoped it would be changed back to how it was previously but never got any responses or even aknowledgement of the problem. I can't play the game how it is now.  :(

Unfortunately, so far, we haven't been able to replicate the problem.

Yan-82

Quote from: PiBoSo on June 10, 2022, 10:41:33 AMUnfortunately, so far, we haven't been able to replicate the problem.
PLease have a quick look, watch this video and read...i think i found both the cause of the issue and 2 avenues of solutions for it:

@PiBoSo
Turns out i think i found the issue...
if you can see in VR in the 3rd person view and look from left to right you can see the helmet movement is on some kind of swivel motion to avoid going through the neck brace of the rider on the back of the neck, and i get that it looks better in 3rd person view but i'm pretty sure it's why the camera in 1st person feel wrong when looking left and right and why it's angled downward as well...it's tied to the helmet position ON the rider's shoulders...here is a poor attempt at recording my screen to show you what happens in VR, for some reason it's not as clear i'm moving my head too fast to clearly show the problem, but if you can check it in VR put 3rd person view and look at camera/helmet behaviour when looking left and right, and move then to 1st person and do the same, you will feel the same ''swivel'' motion within the 1st person cam:

a quick solution would probably just be to put the helmet straight and allow it to move through the neck brace protector model during it's travel from left to right...it would look worse in 3rd person but would temporarily fix the problem for 1st person cam...or just decouple the 1st person camera from the helmet line of motion, like it is from 3rd person because it 3rd person everything feels normal...

CSchmied986

To my knowlege the head swiveling has been there for a long time and never an issue, the problems all started it seemed when Pitch/ Tilt function was added to VR. Or maybe the camera anchor point was locked to a different place?

Yan-82

Quote from: CSchmied986 on June 10, 2022, 05:53:25 PMTo my knowlege the head swiveling has been there for a long time and never an issue, the problems all started it seemed when Pitch/ Tilt function was added to VR. Or maybe the camera anchor point was locked to a different place?
maybe we should have a new 4th "free cam" that we could move around with some keys and lock it in space in relation to the bike?
Or maybe if the Tilt function could go lower than ZERO...maybe like -30 would be great...