• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:11:33 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Natural Point Track IR 5

Started by Hooves, February 29, 2016, 12:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooves

Hello!  First off Great game!  Its great to see more games featuring hardcore Moto simulation!  My question is are you planning on Supporting Track IR from Natural Point?  I saw that you are already supporting Oculus.  Track IR would be great for those of us not jumping on the VR band wagon just yet.  Thanks! and again great game!!!

Hooves

Hooves

SO to answer my one question, there is a section in controls to select tracking or face tracking or mouse look, but it doesnt seem to be responding to my Track IR 5 when I select tracking.  Has anyone else had luck with this? 

HornetMaX

TrackIR has a proprietary interface, would have to pay to add it to the game. They seem to also have a very bad reputation due to what they did to FreeTrack (http://naturalpointofview.blogspot.fr/p/trackir-anticompetition.html).

I have a cheap EDTracker and it works fine (with opentrack) in PiBoSo's sims.

Hooves

I don't think you have to pay them to get it working.  Lots of games support TRACK IR and don't dole out money to Natural Point to do so.  But I'll take a look at this ED tracker.  But its a shame that Track IR isn't going to be considered.  It really is the best option.

HornetMaX

Quote from: Hooves on March 01, 2016, 01:02:17 AM
I don't think you have to pay them to get it working.  Lots of games support TRACK IR and don't dole out money to Natural Point to do so.
Strange, cause when people tried to use their interface they went ballistic ...

Quote from: Hooves on March 01, 2016, 01:02:17 AM
But I'll take a look at this ED tracker.  But its a shame that Track IR isn't going to be considered.  It really is the best option.
Why you think TrackIR is the best option ? IR stuff is ultra-annoying today.