• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:46:04 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Profiles will not save/update

Started by sslum, May 17, 2022, 02:59:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sslum

May 17, 2022, 02:59:58 AM Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 06:49:46 PM by sslum
Game has been running fine, everything saved mods install as normal. ALL of a sudden the game wont save any profile info.

Before you say create an antivirus exemption, ive done this, and updated it recently to the existing folders required in both C: and my game save location, thats not the issue.

Why when I include a new paint file or track mod does this bug occur? Now i cannot for the life of me get any profile to edit or create new data. Things i've tried.

1.Complete fresh install; deleted everything besides the PiBoso Document
2.ive tried forcing a new unnamedprofile that i have as backup with all default settings, still nothing will save to it
3.make sure global.ini is referencing correct profile
4. verify game files after each step and reinstall
5. copying an existing setup>trackname folder to see if giving the required folder would start saving setups, nothing.

The only way i can get new setups to appear is by mannually applying them to the track folder inside setups, the game no longer does this for me..why?

im at a loss and at this point once i can get any profile data to start saving im f**in done with mods as this always seems to be the core issue no one has any answers for.

Any help how to get back to complete default with a working profile much appreciated. I have all my tracks and profile/game settings backed up, just need a profile to respond.

UPDATE: interesting update. I have not changed a single thing in the last 3 days, and the game has magically fixed itself., KIND OF. I have not added a single track mod/paint nothing. Now my setups are saving to my profile when a track folder is created inside setups. Glad but also frustrating as i would like to be able to force a fix the next time this occurs. I modify my setups constantly depending on what track i am riding. Would it help if i saved my profile now in hopes that something in one of the profile.ini documents are different from 2 days ago?? "the world may never know"

PizzaChet

This is a good, comprehensive post! I haven't seen any responses lately. I know PiBoSo noted some personal recently, but that was a while ago. There seems to have been some new problems introduced in the last few updates while at the same time fixing some vexxing old physics and rideability issues. I hope we get something.
Quote from: YodaIf no mistake have you made, yet losing you are ... a different game you should play.