• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 07:56:37 AM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

My toughts

Started by Mace-x, February 25, 2015, 07:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mace-x

Hi guys, before playing 3 days of mx bikes i think i'm ready to make some suggestions and share some toughts about the game.

First, congratulations to Piboso, Snappe and i think there's a third guy?

The game at first is so awkward, i couldnt start, ride, turn and jump, i went over the bars countless times and failed to rail berms aswell, after some tweaking in controller bindings i could start riding faster and begin enjoying the demo, and seeing there was an active community and developers went for it and bought the game.

Of course downloaded all the available tracks and started riding, discovered bike settings and did some tweaking (+1 sprocket tooth, soft tyres, softer suspension) and more controller tweaking (Lt for both brakes Rt for throttle, Ls for steering and front back leaning and Rs for left right leaning) and god! The weird game felt so much better! Finally discovered hot to do whips with a 50% chance of landing, not bad for beta 2 huh?  This game feels spot on, altrought there's alot to improve cant wait to see future releases.

Suggestions:
-Low speed steering is awkward, you cant controll it and low speed + uphill is a nightmare.
-The rider should have more strenght, not for leaning but for turning the bars, feels like a rc bike because it seems to have 5yo kid muscles.
-The bike in rails feeling is weird, when you steer you can notice it and for some reason, feels like the rear wheel goes more inside of the turn than the front, i dont know why.
-The backward leaning is weird, it should get his ass in the rear fender, instead it barely leans.
-The left and right leaning feels weird aswell, mostly because it doesnt move his hips, it leans from the shoulders and this should affets his hips and ass aswell.
-The 3rd person camera does some weird stuff on some jumps, mostly at the fmx compound.
-Under heavy pressure (fast at a short and steep jump) the stabilizer works weird and you are likely to go flying sideways, this happends mostly at the sx track.

That's what i can think of for now, hope it helps!

Now the wishlist!  ;D
-Freestyle tricks, not a score system or anything, this is a mx sim and you can do goddamn tricks in real life, i'd love to rock some backflip supermans and you already have animations, i swear if you do this i'll do as much videos as you want to help you sell the game hahaha.
-Terrain deformation, i knkw is on the works i'll put it anyways.
-Different types of surfaces, or even allow us to tweak the surface values.
-freeride mode with spawn markers in order to practice track sections or jumps in a more efficient way.
-Online freeride mode, would be a blast to ride some fmx compounds and ride with friends, some bike games maybe.
-Track previews, a map layout or image
-Track types for narrowing selection or by game mode mx, sx, ex, freeride.
That's what i can think of, i'll update stuff as i keep playing, congrats on the game guys!

GDUBMX

Great post, although the track preview is already a feature. When choosing a track you can change from track info to track image and track layout.
<br />GDUBMX YouTube<br />

PiBoSo

Quote from: Mace-x on February 25, 2015, 07:26:17 AM

The "third guy" is Greg Hill, sound designer.

Now the wishlist!  ;D
-Different types of surfaces, or even allow us to tweak the surface values.

Different terrain materials are already supported.

-Track previews, a map layout or image

There already are both, when setting a race or test session.

arnzzz

"freeride mode with spawn markers in order to practice track sections or jumps in a more efficient way."

This is a massive feature imho for those of use who love doing tricks. IF this was in earlier i could have been doing whips in an hour, as opposed to the days it took lol.

Braap570

@mace-x great post more or less the same things that i thought to... especially :
Quote-Low speed steering is awkward, you cant controll it and low speed + uphill is a nightmare.
this is the most difficult thing in mx bikes... thats why i just can clear a lap without crashing at paleta :DD

BlizzardDUCK

Quote from: PiBoSo on February 25, 2015, 11:34:31 AM
Quote from: Mace-x on February 25, 2015, 07:26:17 AM

The "third guy" is Greg Hill, sound designer.

The same Greg Hill that works on sound for iRacing??!! :o
No wonder its outstanding.

I too have taken step away to let it develop, last time I was into it was a few weeks after my last paint. Just downloaded it again on my built PC which can run it maxed and the graphics look great. What really bothers me is
1. low speed you can't really steer, it just goes where it wants.
2. You can't turn too sharp because you just dump it over, even if you have momentum that should hold you up against a berm, and can't put foot down.
3. When steering is centered, it has a free steer thing that goes on like controller is in a dead zone and its not recognizing that you want it straight so the steering sways side to side.
4. Rider has little influence on where the bike is going, leaning left or right doesn't do much in air.
5. When the bike lands, the suspension shoots you in unpredictable directions at times. Its like you land and all of a sudden your forward momentum is now transformed and you are sprung sideways.

I want to like this more, I feel it has more potential than MX Simulator. Just a few things that keep me picking up MXS instead.

Mace-x

A little update for B3  :)

Physics:
-Some times front wheel turns just before landing.
-Some times the stabilizer goes nuts and, even if you land straight it will drop to the side.
-When leaning the bike too fast the front end looses control, ending in a front wheel swap and crash (Going out of a berm at full speed, level the bike and crash).
-Wheel collision is kind of broken in b3, wheels rebound too much, making the bike jump again when landing and causing a crash, the suspension is quite useless since the wheels rebound, no matter if the bike has bottomed or not.
-Not sure if a bug or feature, the bike max lean is in relation to the ground slope, wich is great and bad, it feels too restricted, bike feels much more loose on B3, wich i freaking love, but still misses some movements looseness, removing this might help improve rut riding, berms and terrain deformation.

General:
-Loading times (B2 was fine, B3 is so slow!)
-Netcode (General online experience)
-Starting gates disqualification
-Terrain deformation Bulldozing (not just remove terrain, also create a bump of dirt outside the rut and behind when accelerating).

Features:
-Ghost (as you posted, this would be nice)
-2 strokes bike (Hopefully will be released on B4)
-Tyre deformation would be awesome, the tyre absorbs a lot of the ground bumps, helping with the ride, also when compressed to a berm has more traction/bigger surface as it expands, making easyer to enter a berm faster.

Notes:
-Love how you can sit just o a jump lip and absorb the jump, landing closer, or go sitted and stand on the lip to compress the suspension and go further! <3
-Rider leaning works so much better, you can correct the bike if it goes sideways.
-Rider response is way better, you can go thru bumps faster and at angles.

If i can think of anything else i´ll post, i´m sure i´ve repeated some of the points i made on the first post, keep it up guys!  ;D

philiaN

December 26, 2015, 01:33:02 PM #7 Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 02:28:10 PM by philiaN
Hey folks,

first of all iam philiaN, 26yrs and from Germany.
A few Days earlier i was watching some mxgp2 videos on youtube
and by chance I saw a video of mx-bikes.

My MX Games i played before:

After MvA Unleashed (Later SIM version), Reflex and MXGP i tried MXS aaand Nope. :)

From MvA (hardcore Arcade) to MXGP (Arcade), it was a decent mx game
but after the game was released there was no bug fixes/updates for mp/the game.
(1 Update that didn't changed anything) My last Hope was MXS, after weeks of practice i lost my hope
that i will handle that game someday.

So far, after i downloaded the BETA of mxb yesterday, i had to support/buy the game.

I think MX-Bikes has the potential to become "the MX-Game".

Overall Graphics looks pretty nice (the animations of the Rider could look a little more dynamic - leaning from the hips)
Tracks - i like them. And ofc there will be really nice looking tracks with time
Sound - just awesome - best.
physics - WIP, so time will tell :)

After some hours on the practice track - i really like it, so my suggestions/ideas/thoughts:

1st Person view (2nd)

I really like the concept, but i would say that its to much swaying? to the corners.
For example: When you leans the bike to the left and the rider to the right, this distance to the edge of the monitor should be the maximum.
And than with rider leaning, the bike would stay pretty in the middle what would be damn realistic.
And maybe it would make the controlling easier, because you dont try to correct to much.

Riding the Bike / Physics

IMO! it should be like this, to stabilize your bike.
Straight (flat) Track: You should stand/sit, it depends on how rough the track is (and sand, hard..) and maybe lean back in damaged track sections.
Down sections: You have to stand and lean back (rough sections)
Up sections: Stand/sit maybe lean forward
Jumps: It should be easy enough to jump straight - whips, scrubs u will may need practice
Corners: Always sitting and maybe leaning forward and/or sideways (except Sand tracks)

*edit*

I just saw now that actually the (first) first person view is like that :) Would be nice if the rider would lean like in the 2nd view.

*edit2* WOW, after i changed the view into the 1st one, i realized how i can stable/whip the bike in the air. (L*R Rider Lean) im in love :)

Again this is my opinion how i would say beginners can handle the bike to get a decent lap without crashing. Advanced Setup like Suspension, brakes..: Just to be able to go a little faster. I think the most dont know (including me) what they are doing :) So, what i try to say is that the default Setup should be perfectly enough for beginners and advanced with the option to set up your bike for your riding style. Why i tell this, slowly i get into the practice track and than i tried maryland and "boom" it feels like im playing MXS, (cant handle it) so many crashes.

I just would love to see a mx sim that actually is for beginners, too.

Looking forward for beta4. Maybe when the low speed is more stabilized, it's a completely different game :)

best regards

philiaN

"please go easy on me english isn't my first language"