• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:31:16 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

PNG invalid or non existent when using FBX2EDF

Started by IShotTupac269, June 06, 2022, 12:22:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IShotTupac269

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is a blender problem as I am a total noob at this all, or whether it is some kinf of format or location problem as fbx2edf seems to not like importing certain models with textures.

I have imported others and they show in game no problems, however I have exported the models with textures as fbx files and reimported them into blender and they show textures, I then export as fbx, path mode set as copy, select embed textures but when I convert I get png invalid or non existent when using fbx2edf?.

It's probably me being silly but I have exported and reimported more times than I can count right now and I am completely lost right now and just want to be able to progress with this track.

Any help would be greatly appreciate,

Thanks.

Resolute Kraken

June 06, 2022, 08:34:37 PM #1 Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 07:29:23 PM by Resolute Kraken
Because PNG isn't a valid file for MXB - check the MXB documentation on valid file types.

iNsane

Quote from: Resolute Kraken on June 06, 2022, 08:34:37 PMBecause PNG is a valid file for MXB - check the MXB documentation on valid file types.
*invalid

🌐 MX Bikes custom content
MXB-Mods.com

📚 MX Bikes User Wiki
MXB-Wiki.com

💸 Feel free to donate
PayPal

IShotTupac269

I've made tga files and put them in the objects folder but it just copies the png files over when I use fbx2edf. If I try to use tga as the textures in blender they won't show to select for some reason?.

AZDesertRat

June 07, 2022, 05:18:00 PM #4 Last Edit: June 07, 2022, 05:27:55 PM by AZDesertRat
You need to swap out ALL existing .png textures that are being used on your model(s) in Blender with .tga's and then re-export to FBX. 

To do so, select a model, then switch to the Shading tab.  Now in the lower window you will see nodes used to define the material (typically Image Texture, Principal BSDF & Material Output).  You can either select the open image icon in the Image Texture node (brown bar on top) and then use that to locate the .tga file.  Or delete the Image Texture node, then drag/drop your .tga from a file browser into the lower shader window.  This will auto-create a new Image Texture node, then simply connect the Color to Base Color in the Principal BSDF.  If you have additional maps such as Normal, Specular, etc they will also need to be swapped.

Hope this helps.