• Welcome to MX Bikes Official Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:19:31 PM

News:

MX Bikes beta18j available! :)

Noob needing help with VR

Started by stangkag, February 02, 2022, 07:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stangkag

Hows it going everyone, I've been told this is hands down the best mx game out there.  I have played all the classic mx games on ps1-ps4 and have never played an mx game on PC before.  I hear it's quite the difference!

I just got an Oculus Quest 2 as a gift and it's neat with all the free stuff it has but I'm not into the shooter games etc.  I strictly like racing games.  Can I play MX Bikes on my quest 2?  If not what kind of money would I be looking at to play it as a good VR experience?

Any and all help would be very appreciated as I know little to nothing about pc tech.

Thanks Kyle

Absolution

February 02, 2022, 04:28:08 PM #1 Last Edit: February 02, 2022, 04:29:39 PM by Absolution
I play MX bikes on quest 2 and love it. You really need a PC that can run bikes at, at least 90fps. Preferably 120fps(in VR) though in my opinion. The super fast 180 degree and 90 degree corners can be hard to deal with al lower fps. but that's just my opinion.

Simply plug your quest2 into your PC. Then in the quest 2 connect to the pc so you are in that white room looking place. Then launch Bikes from steam and use the launch bikes in Oculus VR mode

stangkag

Quote from: Absolution on February 02, 2022, 04:28:08 PMI play MX bikes on quest 2 and love it. You really need a PC that can run bikes at, at least 90fps. Preferably 120fps(in VR) though in my opinion. The super fast 180 degree and 90 degree corners can be hard to deal with al lower fps. but that's just my opinion.

Simply plug your quest2 into your PC. Then in the quest 2 connect to the pc so you are in that white room looking place. Then launch Bikes from steam and use the launch bikes in Oculus VR mode

You have no idea how excited you just made me!  Thank you a million, this is amazing news.  Can you do me one more favor?  Can you recommend a pc that is good for this?   I don't need over kill but want a good experience, I'm completely pc tech illiterate.

I owe ya!

Kyle

Absolution

From my experience you need a pretty powerful PC for VR. I have an RTX 3070 with an I7 10700k. That gets the job done for me. I cant really speak for any other PC build.

Basically for VR you do need overkill. You are sending 2k resolution to two screens in VR.

As a side note if you are interested in road racing on Bikes. GB Bikes made by the same Dev is on steam and is an amazing experience in VR also. I prefer GP bikes in VR to MX Bikes right now because of what I mentioned in the earlier post being the cornering.

In MX Bikes very fast 90 or 180 degree corners can be unsettling. Its kind of hard to explain. IN GP Bikes while the bike is going faster the corners are slower sweeping. 

I would recommend getting the best PC you can afford. If you can afford something with a 3080 go with that option. 3070 will get the job done with a good experience for sure though. Anything less powerful I don't want to speak on.

stangkag

Huge thanks for your time, expertise, and recommendations. 

I'm into any and all racing games, but mx is my biggest hobby in life!

I'll report back once I've gotten going, take care and cheers!

Absolution

Quote from: stangkag on February 02, 2022, 10:11:37 PMHuge thanks for your time, expertise, and recommendations. 

I'm into any and all racing games, but mx is my biggest hobby in life!

I'll report back once I've gotten going, take care and cheers!

Good Luck Bro

https://discord.gg/Rk4UUjUs

That's a link for my MX/GP bikes discord servers (Find the Shrooms Trip the Face). Best way you can find me if you need any more info.

d_rugged

I have a 2070super and an i7 9600k (I believe) and it runs VR great. Just need to remember you still have to use the controller, it doesn't support oculus controllers, at least i cant get it to work, I just use a ps4 controller with the headset. PRO TIPS! if your playing mxb in vr, I find it an absolute must to bind the 'VR Reset' keybinding to my controller, so I can reset the camera if theres any issue. And then, this is the real hack lol, if you want the camera higher you do this, get seated where you want your neutral position to be (i use body tracking to lean) then once im comfortable, I LOOK DOWN at the gas tank, then reset the camera. it might take a few reset and turning your head a bit to get perfectly straight on the bike, but when you look down and reset it causes the camera to be muuuch higher, definitely head height if not a bit higher if you want to be.